Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Steve Austin

• 08-10-2005 7:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭

I was watching Raw on the USA network last night. I was wondering how old this one is, so i hope it doesnt spoil it for anyone. When i put it on Vince McMahon was in the ring and then Austin came in and showed some footage of beating the sheet out of Vince in a hospital. Stunnered Vince after much jabbering, then Shane, same thing, also Stephanie and then Linda. It was hilarious, i was in bits laughing. The entire McMahon family laying in the ring.

Comments

That was on this Monday's Raw. He returned because it was the Homecoming special in which Raw returned to the USA network. You can watch it again here .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Jim Ross (i think): "ITS GANGSTER STYLE, ITS GANGSTER STYLE!" :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Ruu wrote:
    I was watching Raw on the USA network last night. I was wondering how old this one is, so i hope it doesnt spoil it for anyone. When i put it on Vince McMahon was in the ring and then Austin came in and showed some footage of beating the sheet out of Vince in a hospital. Stunnered Vince after much jabbering, then Shane, same thing, also Stephanie and then Linda. It was hilarious, i was in bits laughing. The entire McMahon family laying in the ring.

lol I was the same watching that wondering whether it was 1998 all over again. :) If every RAW featured Stone Cold stunning Vince and the rest of the McMahon goons again I'd be well happy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

i watched the clip , was this something that happened this week and is he back full time and why is he back now , im sorry just excited i love stone cold

was a big fan of Austin, mainly because he stuck it to the McMahons, great craic :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Sarge wrote:
    was this something that happened this week and is he back full time and why is he back now , im sorry just excited i love stone cold

last week the WWE had a 3 hour homecoming show to celebtrate RAW going back to the USA Network. thats why Stone Cold, Mick Foley etc. were there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Moogle

There's a strong rumour of Austin vs Hogan for the next Wrestlemania. Hogan has challenged Austin. Stonecold has made it clear to WWE that he'll only come back for a really big match and that sounds like big to me. He'd better beat Hogan!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

anyone else not happy with Hogan getting all these main events?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

I dont mind too much as long as he doesnt win every single one.
    Regarding Austin, I presume he's back on a very part time basis, hopefully with a bit of a feud with Vince and the Hogan match thrown in at WM22, which Austin better win if it happens.

Hogan will kick up a huge fuss if it turns out he has to lose and it probably wont end up happening at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

I agree. Austin should defo be put over by Hogan. I doubt Austin would agree to doing the match otherwise due to the animosity he has with Hogan from his WCW days - see Austins ECW promos.
    I read somewhere that Austin was offered the Wrestlemania 18 match with Hogan before The Rock was, but turned it down due to said animosity.
    The only way i could imagine Austin putting over Hogan is if they were to have 2 matchs and Hogan returns the favour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Moogle

Hogan did a deal with the McMahons. If he won at Summerslam, he'd do the job for someone at Wrestlemania. Probably why HBK went along with. I hear he hates Hogan. So it looks like Austin will beat Hogan at Mania. I'm hoping they have one or two undecisive matches before hand to build it up or have Hogan side with McMahon to beat Austin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

This is obviously huge "on paper" , but since Austin is under doctor's orders not to wrestle and Hogan should be, the only way this could be entertaining is if there was interference, with people like Vince or the Rock who have a history with both men being the obvious choices...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

^^^^^^^^
    As huge an Austin fan as i am i just cant see it being a classic myself either. Dunno if people even really wanna see this like, even judging by the luke warm pop it got from the crowd.
    Something major would have to happen to make me really wanna see this one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

TOPDAWG wrote:
    ^^^^^^^^
    As huge an Austin fan as i am i just cant see it being a classic myself either. Dunno if people even really wanna see this like, even judging by the luke warm pop it got from the crowd.

I disagree. I also think the pop was good. If you cast your mind back to the Hall of Fame ceremony at WM21, 'Hogan/Austin' was chanted.

The fans want this match. I certainly do. Obviously the health of the two men is a concern but Hogan's offence is unlikely to do major damage to Austin so it wouldn't be like getting in the ring with a Benoit or Angle.

Think of the storyline and the build-up! Think of these two men talking trash in the ring! My question is - would both be faces? I think it might be better to turn Austin heel since he would probably need to carry much of the contest so a situation like was done for HBK might be the best option there.

Think of it. The Hogan of the 80s versus the Austin of the 90s taking place in the 21st century. It would be huge.

As I say, I'd like to see Austin play the heel like he did against Angle during the Alliance stroyline. They could portray Hogan as the great American hero and patriot whereas Austin would be only out for himself.

Remember Austin's great line before he tossed Kurt's medals into that river?:

'You pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America? I pledge allegiance to Stone Cold Steve Austin!'

TOPDAWG wrote:
    ^^^^^^^^

Like i said, something major would have to happen to make me wanna see this happen. Dunno if Austin would want to turn heel again tho. His last heel turn wasnt the greatest,he's always been seen as the anti-hero and i think it would be hard to turn him fully heel again without him siding with McMahon again and if you read his book even he didnt want to do that.

He wasnt happy with it and he felt that if he stunnered Mcmahon after Mcmahon helped him beat Rock that it would have put the rattlensnake,do it at whatever costs neccessary/DONT TRUST ANYBODY,edge back into his character!

I know i didnt buy the the whole getting hugs off Mcmahon and seeing him sing songs cos Vince was upset storyline after watching him ruin vince's life for 3/4years. In fact it was a relief to see him lead the alliance and get away from it.

My feelings are that the crowd are gonna be WELLLLLL behind Austin on this one unless he's the heel but as Austin is already very much a heel (in babyfaces clothing) i dont see how they can turn him again???

TOPDAWG wrote:
    Like i said, something major would have to happen to make me wanna see this happen. Dunno if Austin would want to turn heel again tho. His last heel turn wasnt the greatest,he's always been seen as the anti-hero and i think it would be hard to turn him fully heel again without him siding with McMahon again and if you read his book even he didnt want to do that.

He wasnt happy with it and he felt that if he stunnered Mcmahon after Mcmahon helped him beat Rock that it would have put the rattlensnake,do it at whatever costs neccessary/DONT TRUST ANYBODY,edge back into his character!

I know i didnt buy the the whole getting hugs off Mcmahon and seeing him sing songs cos Vince was upset storyline after watching him ruin vince's life for 3/4years. In fact it was a relief to see him lead the alliance and get away from it.

I did read myself that Austin hated the heel turn. Personally I enjoyed it mainly as I never saw it coming. It was basically Austin saying to hell with the fans who had rooted for him for years and I thought by siding with his nemesis Vince that it really shook up the wrestling world. I think if Rock hadn't left that the storyline would have been even better.
    TOPDAWG wrote:
    My feelings are that the crowd are gonna be WELLLLLL behind Austin on this one unless he's the heel but as Austin is already very much a heel (in babyfaces clothing) i dont see how they can turn him again???

I think the only way it can work is if they focus on Hogan's image as the American icon and then portray Austin as only out for himself. Similar to the storyline he had with Kurt Angle in 2001. If Austin was to return and really lay a beating on Hogan I think it would cement him as a heel. It would need to be alot more than what HBK did which was simply hitting Sweet Chin Music as hitting a Stunner on Hogan will likely get a huge pop!

I can only see it working if Austin leaves Hogan a bloody mess and then goes on to talk about how much he hated Hogan for being this American hero for so long. It will be interesting to see what happens.

I dunno i could be wrong but even if Austin were to do something like you mentioned, leaving hogan in a bloody mess, i think the fans might actually get behind it. Granted the pop's hogan got at the hall of fame and at WM 21 were HUGE, i know i totally marked for him, but i think the one he got at homecoming wasnt all that big with a good few anti-hogan signs in the crowd.

It reminded me of the one the rock got when he came back from hollywood a few years ago. I know ive grown tired of the whole Hogan comes down and milks the crowd with his posing and shirt-ripping.

Look i could be wrong on this and maybe people do want to see this but for me the nostalgia trip has worn off.

Well I think the storyline in this one is crucially important. It will be interesting to see what WWE's creative team comes up with for it but seeing as they consider a midget division a good idea, I guess we should all be a little concerned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,805 ✭✭✭Trampas

Austin on RAW has been great lately.

Himself and Steph this week seemed like they were having great craic up there. She was trying to hold her laugh in with the comments coming from Austin and it was vice versa at times also.

Hope Austin wins as Hogan wins to many matches for the condition he is in.

• Advertisement
Advertisement