Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 6680 Firmware Issues

• 08-10-2005 7:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭

I am going to get the firmware of my Nokia 6680 Upgraded durning the week as I have found several issues with the below firmware:

V 3.04.11
    14-04-05
    RM-36

The Issues I have found are:

1.) When using the camera and setting it to use the flash on it rejects the option to save to memory card and defaults to phone memory.

2.) When the Battery is charging the Battery Meter stays at it's pre-charge posistion, so phone has to be rebooted to reflect correct battery meter.

3.) Midi,MP3 ringtones sound crackly and mono.

4.) Bluetooth connections become non-responsive or corrupt and repairing has to be redone

5.) The phone the odd time reboots itself

6.) Sometimes the phone screen fades and then comes back.

7.) Sometimes the MMC Card is not detected, I am using a kingston 512MB DV RS MMC

Does anyone know what the new version of firmware is and also do they know if the newer version removes all or most of the above bugs.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

thats the firmware I have and I've not had any of those problems you've mentioned. Perhaps its just your phone thats faulty?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭woody

Maybe but I have had several nokia's that required firmware upgrades such as the 6600,7650,ngage qd and original and also the 6630.

Watch this space anyhow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I think thats the latest firmware available from Vodafone anyways. Maybe the Nokia Repair Center on Dawson St. can put the latest generic on it for you so try there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

@Woody
    There have been a couple of updates since your version, but none of the problems you describe have been specifically addressed other than some Bluetooth improvements.

The current version is 4.04.07 and before that was 3.04.37

The comments under Bluetooth.....(from your version to 3.04.37)

- Bluetooth
    - Interoperability with Sony-Ericsson BT headsets improved. Sniff-mode
    timer value used in phone changed from same value as used in SE
    headsets to prevent headsets from disconnecting

The comments under Bluetooth.....(from 3.04.37 to 4.04.07)

- Bluetooth
    - Improvements to BT connection handling (e.g. for carkit connection
    and deactivating BT device).

You know where I am if you need help anyway ;)

Advertisement