Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any program for counting data ?

Options
  • 12-09-2001 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭

I know i might be a bit premiture, but does anyone know of any programs that count how much data has passed through an ethernet card in a given period of time. ?

I feal i'm going to need it when and if I eventually get adsl from €ircom :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭infomat

I too would like an answer to this question

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

A program such as DU Meter can monitor the amount of bytes passed through any selected network device.
    you can select any piece of networking hardware so if you had this setup on your comp.

one Ethernet running an internal network and another connected to the modem, you can select to monitor only the card connected to the modem.

DU Meter homepage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Dr99

Although by rights there should be no need for such a program! Just like those programs that measure how much time you spend on line with a Dial-up connection :(

Advertisement