Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gladiator: Final warning.

Options
  • 12-09-2001 8:33pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

This isnt a freedom of speech issue. this is a "you'll fecking well do as I say or you can feck right off" issue.

I say you WILL play nice with others cos if you dont I will not hesitate to kick your ass out. Got it?

Starting a "they got what they deserved" thread in the middle of a thread expressing sorrow is stupid. You are an idiot NOT for stating falsehoods, but for stating them where they ARE CLEARLY NOT WELCOME. Besides, who made YOU the arbitrator of all truth? who says what you say it true? in fact... WHAT THE **** DO YOU KNOW?

We all had friends over there. This community has friends over there on student leave. One well known member of this community took a brief walk to get a bottle of water from the WTC where he was working just as the first plane hit.

Would he have deserved to die? He was showered with flaming debris and was lucky not to be showered in flaming petrol too.

cop yerself on and quit with the knee jerk leftwing politics cos you dont have a ****ing clue.

Bard, no more mdoeration of Gladiators posts. report them to me.
    IOFFL, apologies for this interruption. The thread has been reopened and cleaned by me.

DeV.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by DeVore
    Bard, no more mdoeration of Gladiators posts. report them to me.

No problem, DeV - will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

I did not see that post that you made glad, but if indeed you did say: "they got what they deserved" .. MY GOD MAN, thats is just dispicable from you. What you said is just unforgivable. I cannot believe you said that in such a sensitive topic in where clearly, emotions where running high, and where innocent people are right now suffering and dying in unbelievable conditions. I nearly lost my cousin in that attack. I am greatfull that he was not killed.

I dont have anything against you glad, and I would be willing to hear what you gota say in a different topic when all the heat has blown over, but DEAR GOD MAN, have a little respect ????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Gladiator

i never said that, i just said i saw it comeing along time ago, i never meant to emply they ddeserved it, to clear that up i made a secound post to state that which was then removed so few saw it.

ive been the the world trade centre, the white house and capital hill, i was as taken back by all this as anybody else. and i do have family and friends in the states, infact ive a friend likely to be shipped to the middle esat pretty soon, in the american air core.
    these to be an impression i hate american well thats not the case.

anywho, ive taken onboard what you have to say, im a resonable guy, i wont post in that tread again or another like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

I appoligise glad. I'm sorry if I came across strongly, I did not see the original post and was going on what I read from above. Sorry if i offended you :(

ando

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

No offence Gladiator/Joe22/Carnivore,
    But your points and posts would be taken more seriously if you bothered trying to make it even barely legible.

• Advertisement

basically what i was trying to say, in around about way was, there is no black and white, no good and evil.
    in 1921 we were the terrorist, we were religious renaticals. now were not, so what exactly does that make us? good or bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

If after yesterday you say there is no right and wrong, no good and evil you are more of an idiot than i had given you credit for. While military history is written by the victors I think its pretty obvious to everyone that this was an evil act.

I am also upset that you compared the many people that died to give this country independence with someone who would fly an airplane into a skyscraper. It tarnishes the memory of those that died.

At this point is there anyone you haven't offended ? If you have to constantly restate what you meant, don't state it in the first place.

yellum stop putting words into my mouth, i never said that. you cant compare the likes of colins to this religious nut case in the middle esat, but to some it will be hard not to.

Yes this was an evil act, but is it a totaly good act to bomb an entire country for the acts of what 9 - 11 men ?
    its kinda a contradiction, what happened was evil, but when does what will happen become even more evil?

ill ask you the same question and weather you feel the same after the americans for responded

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭o_donnel_abu

Gladiator

When you have started previous flames, I have reluctantly stayed out of them because whilst I thought most of it was your fault, not all of it was your fault.

In this case, you are totally out of order.

This forum is no place for the discussion of what is right or wrong about acts of terrorism.

Many people using this forum have friends and relatives affected by yesterdays events; whilst I am always reluctant to start OT threads, I just felt that I had to express my sympathy and that of IOFFL to them - f**k all to do with the why's of what happened or what drives lunatic terrorists to this kind of action - just a simple expression of sympathy for people who have undergone such an undescribable level of anguish and suffering.

If you cannot understand that or understand why people are so offended by your comments than I think you would be better off spending your time in some of those weird alt.* newsgroups where you will find plenty of people of your own level of intelligence and lack of sensitivity.

Martin Harran
    (posted as a purely personal opinion, not on behalf of IOFFL)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

DeVore===>Gladiator: Final warning.

deja vu....

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Folks, leave him at it, he'll never learn. Bung him on your ignore list and be done with it. I have him on mine since we switched to vBulletin and it's peaceful as a forest glade without him. Well, bar the bitching and whining about Eircom, but that's like pretty background music to me, birds chirruping in the treetops. :)

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭infomat

Originally posted by dahamsta
    Folks, leave him at it, he'll never learn. Bung him on your ignore list and be done with it.
    adam

It's not as simple as that ... as this forum is public others may associate certain unsuitable comments with the IrelandOffline collective.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭o_donnel_abu

Bung him on your ignore list and be done with it. I have him on mine since we switched to vBulletin adam

Thx Adam, just getting used to vbulletin and hadn't picked up that you could do that.

Mind you, I have never killfiled someone before but in this case I will make an exception.

Martin

I was going to post a (VERY) long reply here, detailing the flaws and lies in the things Gladiator has said above; - expanding on examples of his idiocy, insensitivity and offensive distractive behaviour... but then I remembered just how not worth it he is, and how pointless such a reaction would be.

So I'll just say this - for the first time, I support fully the deletion of his account on Boards.ie and look forward to the next time (which we're told will be the last time) he steps out of line.

You need to take a serious look at your attitude on here, "Gladiator" - although I didn't speak to you, in person you seemed fine... decent enough - but I seriously do not like your online persona.

'nuff said.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

I hesitated to put him on ignore in case he had something of mild amusement to say but this has persuaded me that will never happen.
    Gladiator, if you are too stupid to even wait untill the outrage at this despicable act of terrorism has subsided before you express your obviously controversial view then you dont deserve to be able to post here.
    As DeVore said, we ALL know people DIRECTLY affected by this. Show some goddamn sensitivity to people please. There are people who read these boards who werent lucky enough to recieve phone calls from loved ones and friends, please remember that.

what is wrong with you people, what you think i dont have freinds or family over there. do you think i cant put an image to that pile of rubble, i can. it seems to me you guys need someone to be mad at, and if it makes you feel better continue to flame we, but im not the enemy

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

hmm, gladiator, for all your muppetry, i actually dont have a problem with you.
    yep, you cant put a coherant sentance on screen, your ideas are completely mixed up in what you are trying to say, but personally i dont think you have been abusive. not that i read the ioffl forum, so i wouldnt know what youve done there.
    i will assume this has been posted here because you did something here, but on the boards, while you are inflametry sometimes, its all about discussion. just try to make sure what you are saying is what you mean. and try not to make it sound like youre a know-it-all. really gets peoples backs up, as im sure youve noticed :)

as for the rest of the muppets posting here. leave them to their whinging, and for gods sakes, stop posting back when they are complaining about something. muppets. the lot of you.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

WhiteWashMan, go and read Gladiators first post in this thread. If you still think you're right after that, you're a more forgiving man than me.

I really wish people wouldn't post like this until they know all the facts.

adam

WhiteWashMan, go and read Gladiators first post in this thread. If you still think you're right after that, you're a more forgiving man than me.

Adam- all of Gladiator's posts on there (all of them offensive and inappropriate, I might add) were purged from that thread by DeVore before re-opening the thread itself.

I really wish people wouldn't post like this until they know all the facts.

adam

Don't you just hate when your own words come back to haunt you? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭The_Scary_Man

Well said WWW

While I can see that Gladiators posts are unfortunately timed and not very well thought out out, I think that he is at least trying to be objective about the whole thing. Comments like this should promote discussion and debate, if you strongly feel that he is wrong then explain why, don't just abuse him in droves. Persuade him that you are right but also be prepared for the fact that he may change your point of view.

.....and so we learn more, gaining more points of reference, allowing us to view the world differently. That is the beauty of human discussion.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by The_Scary_Man

Comments like this should promote discussion and debate

The thread in question was not posted for discussion and debate on the matters, it was there for people to express their solidarity with and sorrow for anyone affected by the tragedy in the US.

If you want to discuss and debate the issues, go to Humanities.

If you want to talk further about Gladiator and his behaviour, talk to him or the Boards.ie Admin's, or go to the Admin board.

This is no longer the place for it, and this thread will be locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement