Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

more more more

Options
  • 08-10-2005 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

Why is the word MORE being so misused noawdays. Example -

More Better Value,

Agh, I had another one but can't remember it now. But the use seems to be on the increase.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

It's a quicky and easy way to conjure the idea of consistency,history and continuation of an idea/image (Even if there isn't any) - which is what Brands would like...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

because people these days are greedy so seeing the word more makes them want it

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Sysiphus

but its more than just branding, I hear those bastions of education and grammar use it with increased frequency (nearly said more there!) - DJ's, and in some cases, even news casters.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Sysiphus wrote:
    but its more than just branding, I hear those bastions of education and grammar use it with increased frequency (nearly said more there!) - DJ's, and in some cases, even news casters.

Provide more examples please.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Sysiphus

I can't think of anymore at the moment, its just a trend I noticed. I know I should provide examples, but have failed :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement