Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine broadband. Need to transfer line as well?

• 09-10-2005 12:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭

QUick question. I would call them but i need to set this up for my parents before i go on holidays tomorrow and no sales line this late at night.
    DO you have to transfer your phone line to sign up for Imagine broadband?
    Can your calls and phone account stay with eircom?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭f1refox

No to first Q. Yes to second Q. But why Imagine?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

Its cheap and my parents wouldnt be using it much so dont need always on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

And thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭f1refox

Np :d

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

just checked their website there.

doesn't say anything about broadband on its own i.e without phone

you sure you can get their broadband package without changing your phone too?

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

Before you jump into imagine's offering... have you added in all the hidden charges etc? I'm pretty sure it was worked out before by other boardsies that BT's offering worked out a lot better value than imagine "broadband".

Are you 100% sure that you really want to go with imagine. Check the original threads on imagine to see how bad value they are when compared to BT.

EDIT: I think there was only a few euros difference (once all costs had been added in) between BT and Imagine. Of course, BT offer true broadband, not glorified dialup, so for the few euros (less than 5 i think) difference, get BT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

kraggy wrote:
    just checked their website there.

doesn't say anything about broadband on its own i.e without phone

you sure you can get their broadband package without changing your phone too?

thanks

You have to change your phone to imagine to get their BB service.

You are probably better off looking at BT. Though slightly more expensive it is a considerably better value product.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Don't get imagine go for BT, damn con men there are many hidden charges for a few extra euro you are better of going with BT and getting a proper service.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭jammie

Imagine are a shower of ejjits...I signed up at the beginning of august being guaranteed connection within 3 weeks, only got connected in september.. was told it was €40 a month for EVERYTHING line rental, broadband...I got a bill from them today for €269?!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Advertisement