Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES5 Commercial....which got banned already!

Options
  • 09-10-2005 1:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, dunno if this has been posted already but its the PES commercial for the new game. Appareantly its been banned because the groundskeeper guy could've been killed :eek: Its a good commercial, i like it anyway!
    Advertisement

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Yeah saw that on Soccer AM this morning. What an absolutely ridiculous reason to ban something. And if it is banned, how come it can be shown on Saturday morning tv, with plenty of kids watching? Crazy stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Iceman_5000

Yeah good point was thinking that my self.

Quality show though.

Eassssyyyy Easssyyyy Easssyy

You shhaaattt uuppp!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Appareantly its been banned because the groundskeeper guy could've been killed :eek:[/URL]

well think of all the groundsmen who's lives will now be saved

stupid television rule making Mary Whitehouse loving arseholes

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

If there is anything this ad teaches us, its that playing console games in the centre circle of major stadia is threatening groundsmen all over the world.

A powerful, moving message.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Shockign reason to ban it, and its actually quite a good ad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

That is a ridiculous reason to ban it. Thought it was an ok ad, nothing special. But certainly nothin controversial etc... Censors have gone mad tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

it's a good ad but i cannot for the love of me figure out what the voice over is saying.

it's ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

More than likely the complaint was made by the marketing/legal dept of EA (makers of FIFA) who would have gone on such grounds as found in the ASAI:
    Safety
    2.27 An advertisement should not encourage dangerous behaviour or show unsafe practices except in the context of promoting safety. Particular care should be taken with advertisements directed at or depicting children.

It's very common for a competitor to analyse a rivals ad campaign and see if they can damage it in any way.
    To be honest, the creative agency behind the ad should have known better.
    I know it was wasnt an everyday scenario depicted, but you still never show acts of unsafe practice in ads. (unless they are for a safety campaign).

Advertisement