Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Columns of smoke...

Options
  • 12-09-2001 8:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭

EMERGENCY EMERGENCY ... THERE'S AN EMERGENCY GOING ON...

Has anyone seen the news...

Nostradamus...

"In the City of God there will be a great thunder,
    Two brothers torn apart by Chaos,
    while the fortress endures, the great leader will succumb" ,
    "The third big war will begin when the big city is burning" -

4 hijacked planes...one motive...

To ram two of them into the twin towers

Voice your opinions on this mother of a catastrophe.

Come on out with them...

Anything at all...

I'll start the ball rolling...

It has been said that congress (or someone) knew that there would be an attack on the U.S. two weeks prior.

Oohh conspiracy...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Cait

gggggggrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!

that is all i have to say on the matter

gggggggrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 futont

Well one thing, that quote is "NOT" Nostradamus, like a lot emails seem to be speculating at the moment. Also, only 2 of the 4 lpanes were for the twin towers, ims ure you know this, its just, the one that crashed in the corn field, where was it going?

Its terrible, but Im not wholly suprised.

"You get what you give."
    New Radicals

:-)

C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

This theory has been discussed on the humanities board, so im not going to bother giving you the evidence here :)

Personally, i think its more like the book of Revelations than Nostradamus' predictions.

A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭nlb

interesting theory but newyork is hardly the city of god
    only jereusilim and geneva have ever been called that and that is where whoever wrote that was refering to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭qwidgybo

it's at times like these when i wish i was a tree frog so i wouldn't have to deal with the shame of being part of the human race

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Did anyone know anybody who was in New York when it happened? A cousin on my mother's side, Rachel, works in the World Trade Center. She lives in London, and commutes out to New York most weeks, coming home for the weekends. When we heard about the plane crashes and saw the horrifying footage on TV we were really worried, but didn't know if she was there at the time. We couldn't get in contact with anyone and didn't hear anything until this morning. Luckily, she stayed in London this week because she was sick, but I know that a lot of people were not so lucky and I can understand what they're going through. It was an awful thing to happen and it affected so many people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭sisob

about the cospiracy:
    i find it unlikely that the feds knew NOTHING about it then
    were able to identify 50 suspects in 2 days. seems unlikely.

and

(dont get me wrong, i think it was horrific but: )

over 70 thousand people were killed in the nuke
    on nagasaki, men, women, school children, all civilians.
    and america is never brought to question over it.
    the only reason we dont remember it is because no
    video camera say 5 or 6 thousand people being
    vapourised.

perspective is important; japan never got its own back
    for that; remember that when america blows up half the
    middle east

--sisob

ps

"The Nagasaki municipal government
    officially adopted the figure of "more than 70,000" deaths on
    the basis of information from population surveys and the estimate made by
    the Nagasaki City Atomic Bomb Records Preservation Committee in July 1950.
    Said the committee in its report: "73,884 people were killed and 74,909
    injured, and 17,358 of the deaths were confirmed by post- mortem examination
    soon after the atomic bombing.""

--http://www1.city.nagasaki.nagasaki.jp/na-bomb/museum/m2-1e.html

http://www-sdc.med.nagasaki-u.ac.jp/n50/disaster/Deathnum.gif

ohh and i forgot about the 118 thousand people killed in hiroshima.:( trust the amercans: one nuke wasnt enough

dont forget teh probably millions of deaths caused by us activities in geutamala, el salvadore, niceragua, hondouras, loas, iran, iraq, palastine, somalia, vietnam, columbia, cambodia, korea, chile and also the undermining of unions and support for the rich which is taking place inside the us

like your stile nlb

but you're a touch shy on details

give us some stories

--sisob

• Advertisement

i could but it wouls take too long, i'll give the names of some books

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭imp

One of the things I find worrying is that a former Secretary of State, the one of George Bush Sr.'s administration, was quoted as saying something along the lines of "We shouldn't wait for any evidence, we should just launch an all out assault on the countries we think are harbouring terrorists". And, George W. Bush is apparently taking this to heed. 69% of polled Americans said that they were willing to accept heavy casualties in the US Army in order to get revenge. Also, the Americans will definitely go way overboard in their military retaliation, no doubt killing collossal numbers of civilians, as usual. They don't seem to know the meaning of the word "overkill". For example, in 1941, approx. 3,000 Americans (I think, that number is from memory) were killed in Pearl Harbour, over half of them military personnel. In 1945, when America finally got to make their own revenge attack, almost 200,000 Japanese civilians were killed, and even more injured, many of whom died later of radiation poisoning. Does anybody else think that dropping a nuke safely off the Japanese coast might have persuaded them to surrender? Successive US governments seem to treat foreign lives as statistics. Maybe I seem like the devil's advocate here. Don't get me wrong what happened in New York, Washington and Pittsburg last week was a horrible, disgusting act. But America will go too far. Yesterday, the president said that America was "a peaceful nation". Strange, but its never seemed like that to me.

}:>

• Registered Users Posts: 12 futont

To be fair, they dont start fights. This I think classifies them as peaceful.

Ahem... Vietnam??

they meddle, they only use military force when plans such as creating civil unrest, bombings, supporting right wing geurrillas, and disgracing leaders fails. i tink it was monday, or sunday the the us bombed parts of the east, probably killing asmany people as were killed in new york, yet hardly a owrd form the media

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

America for all their horrible acts always try to be the good guys! Vietnam was them looking at something already pretty horrible saying "we'll help" and then making it much worse.

They go around trying to act as some kind of peace keeper, like in a group of friends where one always tries to stop arguments and ends up having everyone yell at them. America don't realise how patronising their "we'll fight your war" attitude is. It's made them a lot of enemies and that's where most of their problems come from.

What happened on Tuesday is, in a way, the fault of the American people, but only because they tried to help and failed. Their good intentions went astray and led them to ruin.

George Bush, however is not going to act on good intentions. he is simply going to act because if he doesn't he's going to need charisma and rational judgement and -god forbid - intelligence. Clinton, he could've calmed the American people while still pursuing justice and come out a hero. Bush. Bush is a whiny fu<king baby! Grr!

that's bullsh1t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 *curls invisible beard*

um, to whoever asked it earlier, the plane that crashed in the field was headed for Camp David, in Maryland. Supposedly

I think that's right, when I was on my way home from school on Tuesday my mother said that two had crashed at the WTC, one into the Pentagon and that there was a fourth headed to Camp David which the USAF had been ordered to shoot down.

that plane was either shot down or crashed intentionally by the
    civilians on board: im not to sure yet which.

somthing most ppl forget is that the cia trained bin laden. internal affairs my ass.

oh and 2 of the evil hyjackers were on the fbi list of ppl who should not be allowed into the country and were known terrorists.
    and yet they maneged to get onboard with knives.

now america has started another war in the middle east. IDDIOTS.
    i know somone who is trying to organise a campain to keep
    ireland neutral in this iddiotic WW3

• Advertisement

http://www.antiwar.com

this is much better. the other 3 are interesting but a bit odd

there aren't enought allready?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭qwidgybo

does anyone else sense some american/voting public arse-licking?
    last friday was the first national mourning day in the history of our state-omagh and dev's funeral didn't get this sort of attention
    oh-and what a surprise-a general election is coming up!!

i think that that also applys to the american presidential elections, even though they're far away this could be the only thing apart from ritual suicide in the democratic party to be capable of giving bush a secdcond term in office

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

As an anarchist communist (cue whispers of "for fu(ks sake" and sighs), I loathe the us and the evil they thrive upon, but the WTC attack was uncalled for. I really hope they find out who did it and kick the b0llock$ off them.

:)

I do find it unusual that terrorists managed to hijack 5 planes in one day. Also, considering how it seems the phone calls from cell phones on the planes were being monitored by the CIA, shouldn't they have instantly realised that the first crash was actually intentional? Also, why is nobody talking about the fifth plane anymore? I for one would like to know what happened to it. I don't agree that the National Day of Mourning had much to do with the General Election next year, it caused a lot of outrage from the small and medium businesses sectors, and even with some of the larger businesses. Also we must remember that 28 (I think) people died in Omagh compared to almost 5,000 dead or missing in New York.

well they'll kick the boll0cks of someone, doesn't matter weather they did it or not. i dont think that a response is justified

• Advertisement

well they'll kick the boll0cks of someone, doesn't matter weather they did it or not. i dont think that a response is justified

Advertisement