Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canadian Firearms Safety Course Handbook

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭FAB24

Had a brief look through the 'Restricted handguns..AR15 etc' PDF.
    It's a very thourough publication. It would be a god idea to have a similar one run here.

If the Irish state (or licensed person/persons) provided a similar mandatory course here. It would make Superintendants (Local Firearms decision makers in Ireland) jobs a lot easier. Coupled with membership to a club. I can see no reason why a person, who meets the criterion specified, be given a FAC.

comments please....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Babble

I find it useful to be able to tell non shooters that I have passed a 2 day government safety course before I received my P.A.L

And the number of firearms accidents has gone down a few percent since they brought in the new regs.

The problem is that if you have been shooting for the last fifty years you now have to pass an exam before you can buy a new firearm. You can still borrow anything from a friend if needed.

Advertisement