Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Psp wont read UMD games or movies

• 09-10-2005 8:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭

For no reason at all it just stopped working. If I start it up with out a disk its fine.Put in a disk at any stage and just hangs ! Any idea?

Is only 5 weeks old , can I get the store to replace it (HMV) or can they insist on getting it repaired ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭foobar

Also If i leave the disk in enough , i get the message "the disc could not be read" .
    Any one ever see that before ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

strange. hopefully you dropped it or something.. hate to think it's a potential issue on psp's.

it's a fairly terminal problem so hmv should replace it, out of good will. get it done soon because the christmas (i know, sorry) rush for psp's will start

strange. hopefully you dropped it or something.. hate to think it's a potential issue on psp's.

Nope , didn’t drop it . just stopped working . Brought it back to hmv who replaced it. They first told me that i would have to deal with sony , but I insisted and in the end they swapped it for a new psp .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

just sounds like a dud tbh..the umd drives are kinda primative so they don't take as much bashing as say 2 cd/dvd drive would

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Franky Boy

Is the drive working now?

• Advertisement

Franky Boy wrote:
    Is the drive working now?

The new replacement psp work fine :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Franky Boy

Good good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭mobileplaza

did your downgrade the firmware on it mate? iv herd theres trouble with some units not reading umds after downgrading.. iv not suffered from it

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

This happened to my brothers PSP, but it turned out that the UMD was dirty and need a clean. It has worked fine ever since.

Advertisement