Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

www.telestunt.ie

• 09-10-2005 10:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭

has anyone heard of www.telestunt.ie? seems to offer 15c calls from a mobile any time. are they dodgy?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

I've used telestunt.ie, but not with my mobile. You would want to make sure that its not adding 15c on top of what your call rate now is eg 50c + 15c peak.

As far as dodgyness goes they've called me up twice looking for my address. I've told them to get lost both times. Anyway, i was calling japan for the same price as a local call so i was happy. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭JTMan

Used Teletunt for ages now ... no problems. The numbers are blocked from mobile networks and can olnly be used from a landline.

Fungus wrote:
    Used Teletunt for ages now ... no problems. The numbers are blocked from mobile networks and can olnly be used from a landline.
    The 15c one the OP was talking about - 1520 932 601 - works from a mobile. I'm on o2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭JTMan

The 15c one the OP was talking about - 1520 932 601 - works from a mobile. I'm on o2.

Blocked on Meteor and I tjink I tryed it on Vodafone before and it was also blocked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

ye it was blocked on my meteor phone but it works on 3. ill email them and ask if its added on. thanks for the replies

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

It works on O2 but you're billed 20c per minute for 1520 numbers. O2 are the cheapest for 1520. Just check the web sites of the operators and you'll find the per minute cost. There's another company doing a similar deal and they advertise access from all the mobile operators, so if Telestunt doesn't work, they do. Can't remember the name of that crowd though. They're a bit more expensive than Telestunt and seeing as Telestunt works for me, I never bothered checking them out.

This incidently means that with O2 you should never pay more than 20c a minute for a call. This is probably quite useful for pre-pay customers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭posiedon

I use it all the time, mainly to call the Uk, and US. It's great from a landline, basically costs same as a local call, I always dial the 1890 number and go from there, never really look at their site. It wouldn't work from my Vodafone mobile though, and I rang Vodafone to see if it was them blocking it, and I was told that Telestunt had blocked mobile numbers calling. Still a great service for nothing, can't beat that in this day and age. The call quality can be a little dodgy at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

The 1520 932601 number works fine from Vodafone.

ill email them and ask if its added on. thanks for the replies
    What happens if they twig people are getting cheap international calls and block the number?? Why not just look at your bill online and see if you get charged extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭dshakey

i use telestunt to ring the UK and Paris, and its the price of a local call ony 1.2 cent a min off peak, but you have to ring from a landline to a landline. there is on account, u just pay for a local call..

• Advertisement
Advertisement