Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting out of a Vodafone contract

• 09-10-2005 12:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭

Can it be done? Ive 10 months left with the robbing phuckers. Would much prefer the new Meteor options.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭liamskater

yeah it can be done. you go up to them in a store. you have to pay off the rest of your 10 months contract though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Or else just ring them up and reduce your Skodafone option down to the cheapest one available and dont use it for calls/texts and let it run its ten month course.

It might work out cheaper than paying out now, but you wont be able to take your existing number to Meteor if you do this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Can it be done? Ive 10 months left with the robbing phuckers. Would much prefer the new Meteor options.

You can port over, cancel the direct debit and never pay the 10 months' fee that they try and charge you, just beware, you can never go back again if you do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

And you would prob find it difficult to get a loan/mortgage/credit card as it will feck up your credit rating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

I'm with vodafone too and called them last week to cancel my contract, stil awiting the form that they said they would post, and the operator I spoke to told me I had to pay 20 euro per month for ech month left on the contract. Depite the fact that I had 400 minutes per month on my contract, and never went over the allotted minutes, I always seemed to be paying extra for calls on top of that, so I decided to cancel and keep the number as ready to go number.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

mick_irl wrote:
    And you would prob find it difficult to get a loan/mortgage/credit card as it will feck up your credit rating.
    Only if they ever took you to court, which is a very rare indeed occurance.
    You can port over

I doubt they would allow you to port if you have an active contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Bond-007 wrote:
    I doubt they would allow you to port if you have an active contract.
    They will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Pythia wrote:
    They will.
    You learn something new everyday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

Interesting points there.

I think it *will* feck up my credit status unfortunately. All of this doesnt matter at the moment as Ive lost my bleedin' phone :mad: See other thread as PMF!'s Fantastic Phone Fun continues ..........

Advertisement