Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you agree or not?

• 12-09-2001 9:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭

opinions please and no flamers..just asking a Question!

Anti-Attack Feds Push Carnivore

2:00 a.m. Sep. 12, 2001 PDT
    WASHINGTON -- Federal police are reportedly increasing Internet surveillance after Tuesday's deadly attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon.

Just hours after three airplanes smashed into the buildings in what some U.S. legislators have dubbed a second Pearl Harbor, FBI agents began to visit Web-based, e-mail firms and network providers, according to engineers at those companies who spoke on condition of anonymity.

An administrator at one major network service provider said that FBI agents showed up at his workplace on Tuesday "with a couple of Carnivores, requesting permission to place them in our core, along with offers to actually pay for circuits and costs."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

I totally agree with them, in situations like this then they should use any avenue of information retrieveal regarding the attacks open to them.

Unfortunaly the reality is they won't find a thing with them this way, the amount of traffic both email and internet sites thrown up over the past two days regarding the attacks is so enormous, to locate relevant information with respect to those responsible (if they were stupid enough to use american isps) would be next to impossible, and I seriously doubt that any of the terrorist organisations that are still in America, and I'm presuming there are several of them are stupid enough to send easily sniffed packets of text with "hey man how about that for an attack? think i'll be getting a few more wives in my christmas bonus?" in it.

Advertisement