Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Serenity' Sequel OR 2nd Series of 'Firefly'?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Plunky

I'd go for a new series, definitely... But can we at least finish the 1st one first?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Agreed 14 episodes is only really half a series. I saw the movie first and loved it. Got the first 14 episodes for christmas and watched them all. I cant believe how good this series was and I can believe is got cancelled. God I hope they bring it back, if not it will become a real cult classic. God bless Joss

• Registered Users Posts: 24,253 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I've 3 episodes of Firefly left to watch and to be honest, I'm stunned that such a good series managed to get cancelled. Who are the networks hiring that quality TV such as this, Family Guy and Space: Above & Beyond can all manage to get cancelled? :mad:

Oh, I'd go for the second series (or the rest of the first one), the show's a lot more subtle than the movie and I like the inclusion of all the characters rather than the semi-cameo roles some have in the movie.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

God I hope they make another something I can was.

I watched the movie and then the series as well... heartbreaking, I know.

Hard to imagine a continuation without *what above spoiler said* in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Id prefer a new series although I wouldnt mind if they made loads of movies...like star trek or bond, a new movie every few years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

As much as i hate to say this (and don't flame me cos i'm being honest), i can't see neither!

Poor box-office takings and Joss being busy with 'Wonder Woman' for the next year or two meaning any further work aboard 'Serenity' is a while off.

And also can't see the actors / actresses all coming back 3 or 4 years down the line to resurrect the characters.

Though i really, really, RE-HE-ALLY hope i'm wrong! :(

I think you probably are basquille, Serenity's the sort of movie that'll shift a huge number of DVD's and since none of the cast are mainstream Hollywood A-list and Joss Stone seems interested in finishing the story, I can see it being done.

Also, with so much material for another director/production team to reference, all Joss Stone would *really* need to do is write the screenplay... ;)

Sleepy wrote:
    Joss Stone would *really* need to do is write the screenplay... ;)

Joss Stone? Well she has a really good voice I suppose?;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭NineMoons

Heeeeeeeeee. :D

D'oh, I was a bit tired there! :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=17800

Looks like it could be the TV show!

Talk, I'll admit, is cheap.

Right eyeryone go out an but the DVD when its out.......bring back firefly oh please god let it be so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭ishmael whale

I just watched the DVD of the film. I saw the film in the cinema, thought it was damn good and got the series which was even better.

Watching the film post-series, in Dubphyesque language, its good but not great and I can't imagine replaying it as often as the series. There's something of the nature of the thing that makes it more suitable to series - maybe its the number of characters, I don't know.

Anyway, however unlikely, a second series has to be the preferred option for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

Second series preferrably but hell id take nething.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

I'd prefer a second film. As much as I loved the series, I don't think he could have been quite so daring with it - certain character developments and plot turns would not have panned out in a series, or their effect would have been lessened due to their being stretched out.

That and, simply, I prefer the medium of film.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Out of interest, if Whedon did go on to make a second series would it be set before or after Serenity? Cos if it was set after Serenity then
    Wash and Shepherd Book wouldn't be in it
    and it just wouldn't be the same.

I would prefer a second series (or even for the first one to be finished) to a sequel though. There's a lot more in a whole series than there is in a two hour movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Shame Whedon said in the Q&A on the Aussie DVD of 'Serenity' that a second series is pretty much out of the question!

:(

Advertisement