Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats cool bout UCD

Options
  • 09-10-2005 2:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭

Hold your fire, I know there was an anti negativity thread like this before but it either got deleted orelse I am thick and blind cos I couldnt find it after trawling through the pages twice... so anyway Im gonna start
    • The social life
    • The way we're isolated in our own closed cult church type situation away from the metropolis, think of trin and dit with all the skobes selling phones and homeless people etc...
    • we have cool mods on here, i went cruising around just now and janey mack are they strict on other places... look at dcu and ul boards to see what i mean
    • good for knacker drinking

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

* Hot breakfasts in the cnateen. On the increasingly infrequent occasions when I arrive in before noon I always head straight over for a the worlds greasiest pain au chocolat and the Irish Times.

* The department of lung cancer (formerly known as 'outside the arts block). Fact: smokers are more interesting than non-smokers (no offece). No one has an excuss to be bored in ucd when they could be out in the freezing cold, puffing away, meeting new people.

* Ample opportunities for scoring free booze.

* The view across lake 1 from the library. Perhaps I'm just sad, but it's quite pretty.

* Diversity! Ucd may be bastion of the D4 head, but there's something there for everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

* the sheer amount of clubs ans socs around - an amazing oppertunity to try something new for very little money

* those lovely scones that the scone lady makes and they sell in the SU shops - perfect with coffee at the 11 o'clock break!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

* Pat Paterson!

* The beautiful women that frequent the Arts block. Yum!

* The great choice available for clubs and socs.

Me, me and me!

(And Mr. Nice Guy of course.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

There's lots of great people around. Since there is so many people in UCD, there's bound to be a significant chunk of them who share similar interests as you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Me, me and me!

(And Mr. Nice Guy of course.)

You old charmer you. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

*It's only a 30 minute bus journey from town.

...And that's all you're gettin. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

3 coolest things for me are:
    1)social life-way better than trinners or dit's-ya cant beat the student bar for chatting to new people+the jukebox has every possible song on it even 2unlimited!!ya cant beat the after bar after partys in belgrove and merville-u havent lived till u get invited back to some randomers house party in their dodgy belgrove flat drinking dutch gold till 5 in the morning!
    2)the student union elections-there always a good laugh in ucd cos theres always one or two mad,wacky girl/gal running for somethimg.And all the leaflets they give out give you something to read and play with during lectures!
    3)seb the bums hair and happycrackheads dangermouse t-shirt-cant decide which one is cooler

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

panda100 wrote:
    3)seb the bums hair and happycrackheads dangermouse t-shirt-cant decide which one is cooler
    Wicked.

My work here is done. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

THe TOLERATION!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

- Its in D4

-Arts students are looked down upon

-The girls all year round have a sexy tan!!

-It takes me 10 minutes to get there

-I can hang around with all my old school/rugby friends

-Abercrombie is a way of life

-Loads of parking for my Golf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

think of trin and dit with all the skobes selling phones and homeless people etc...

With all due respect, i take great exception to that remark regarding Dublin`s inner city.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

In fairness though(and this is from someone who adores the inner city, in all it's grimey glory), there are homeless people and people selling phones in the inner city.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

, in all it's grimey glory.

Hey!

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭HappyCrackHead

UCD is cool because....

1)Department of Lung Cancer.... anyone who makes claims that ucd is boring or crap or anything else hasnt spent enough time talking to randomers outside the arts block. for instance i know i guy who doesnt smoke but goes outside because all the people who sit inside the concourse (Department of health and fluffy bunny rabbits) is as boring as dry poop on dry toast.

2)The Socs/Clubs... lets be fair its something for everyone, even if u only wanna meet people of your own sexual preference in a controlled enviroment... with dimmed lights...

3)The people... i mean... I'm actually staggered at the sheer number of people that i know in UCD, and i dont just mean i know their name or know their face, but might actually have a conversation with on a regular basis...

4)The graffiti in the toilets... we've all seen it, we've all done it... its damn funny...

5)Its so easy to bitch about... prices... chocolate factory workers... Brady... exams... the hacks in the union... the list goes on.

6)The fact that you can go for a drink at 12pm and no one thinks theres anything wrong.... and will probably encourage you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

The view across lake 1 from the library. Perhaps I'm just sad, but it's quite pretty.

checked this out this morning very pretty indeed [it'll be nicer on a sunny day]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭Daithio

Sangre wrote:
    - Its in D4

I think you must have gotten a bit mixed up, this is supposed to be what's so great about UCD, not the reasons why the rest of the world think you're all a pack of gob****es.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭White Rabbit

Whoosh!

F-Whoosh.jpg

That's the sound of the joke going over your head! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

I don't even go to UCD and I get the sarcasm :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭zinc

Smoking outside the Arts block is what UCD is all about.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭LovelyHurling

Checked out that view across the lake the other day when it was really sunny and there wasn't a cloud in the sky... its a good 'un...

We rock!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭PaulDoh

*That concrete grey is such a soothing colour.

*The seagulls at the lake are great entertainment (throw them food and watch them fight - seriously).

Anything else?

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Slippers

Have you tried throwing bits of bread into the air? The gulls will circle over the lake and come in for the next piece. If you throw them fast enough the gull will hover and catch three or four pieces in a row.
    (tip: it's easier for the gull to adjust up for a catch than down)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 craiglen

Hilarious! you must get really bored between lectures and tutorials...

The concrete has seriously grown on me i actually like it now!

The pool tables in the bar are top class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

1. buzz at the start of the year when u see people u havent seen in ages
    2. social life, best ever
    3. friends you make
    4. sports, so much to do, so little power in the legs...
    5. friends you make

i know i said that last one twice but its true! you meet the coolest people, prats too but thwey are erased by all the cool people!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Sangre wrote:
    - Its in D4

Well said my man, well focking said. What's the story with all the howiyas in UCD though, how did they get in? Fees need to be brought back in, it has to be said.

Can't beat downing a few ken in the bor with the goys while all the sad fockers with big nerdy heads on them go to their lectures. UCD college life, like, rocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭john^doyle

there aren't enough surprise mass killings of those people for my liking.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

ah c'mon children stop throwing the toys out of the pram.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Blondie86Star

Oh yeah!!! like I love UCD!!

The guys are sooo hot, omg especislly around the arts block n quinn...yum

The student bar of course...and the way that its so cool there, especially last yr on a weds b4 the bels:p

The skinny lattes in 911...yum, yum, yum

wouldnt trade UCD for trinity, dit or god forbid Dcu anyday!!
    you go UCD!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Has your post in this thread gone missing?

Do you no longer have access to the forum when logged in?

I suggest you check the recycle bin!

Advertisement