Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats cool bout UCD

Options
13»

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

CathyMoran wrote:
    especially the engineers

*my ego trip for the day*

one thing modularisation has brought us is much more eye-candy around the eng building!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭john^doyle

so thats what eng means..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

Sangre wrote:
    -Abercrombie is a way of life

I'm heading here next year. ARe you personally trying to ruin the sheer delight I have to be going to college, to be going to UCD.

Oh. God.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭TrickyRicky

Well folks after 2 1/2 years doing commerce in UCD, i can safely and unfortunately say that at least around Quinn School, ambercrombie is a way of life for the D4 heads that make up 2/3 of Quinn's population. It's absolutely sickening, there's a much better buzz in the other faculties where people are somewhat friendlier, less judgemental and less obnoxious. In saying that, most of my close friends are ones i've made through commerce, so there's still a few genuine people in Quinn.
    On that note here's why UCD is cool:

1. It's not trinity
    2. Always something on
    3. The weird architecture
    4. Laughing at D4s & boggers, esp. those who take themselves so seriously (it;s all a bit of fun lads!!)
    5. Drinking on campus and avoiding services (go Craicsoc!!)
    6. Being able to walk around (relatively) freely with a joint
    7. Parties on campus

of course being in final year means i dont get to enjoy half of these things anymore, god where have my college years gone???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

zinc wrote:
    Yeah I remember it was tagged with the little Angel thing you see around as well. ;)

That's Cameron's tag. It's friggin' everywhere. It was cute in first year, but to be honest it's getting really old now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

What's cool bout UCD?

Behold!
    ucd is bus #10

Ain't that the truth!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

LOL

esp.... ucd is a process

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Lol at the googlism thing,whatever it is:

"ucd is far from over"

Damn straight!three more years (is it horribly wrong that that fact makes me happy?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭zinc

Blush_01 wrote:
    That's Cameron's tag. It's friggin' everywhere. It was cute in first year, but to be honest it's getting really old now.

I always liked it, its just different than the usual tags anyway!

From Googlism:
    ucd is to open a new school of business at ucd

Q-Soc are growing stronger by the day. Head for the hills! (and by hills I mean the Arts block)

• Advertisement

I love Googlism! Some info on Pat Paterson:
    pat paterson is a principal lecturer at the university of portsmouth
    pat paterson is one of the most heartwarming sagas in the movies' book of memoirs
    pat paterson is removing his shirt
    pat paterson is a wonderful example of a dedicated genealogist who makes excellent use of primary resources
    pat paterson is one of many keyboard players at mountain side with a majority of the time as pianist
    pat paterson is an excellent messenger of the lord's word

http://www.googlism.com/index.htm?ism=pat+paterson&type=1

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 sinead_t

I have been to both Trinity and UCD and I have to say it is my experience that people from UCD are completely obsessed with comparing themselves to Trinity. U are all so obsessed with making sure your college is nothing like trinity or that u are all so much better. Its so sad. Both colleges seem pretty equal to me, apart from the fact that Trinity students don't seem to bother going on about UCD. Fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

sinead_t wrote:
    I have been to both Trinity and UCD and I have to say it is my experience that people from UCD are completely obsessed with comparing themselves to Trinity. U are all so obsessed with making sure your college is nothing like trinity or that u are all so much better. Its so sad. Both colleges seem pretty equal to me, apart from the fact that Trinity students don't seem to bother going on about UCD. Fact.
    Yay, score 1 for the home team, not that I care of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Le Rack wrote:
    I'm heading here next year. ARe you personally trying to ruin the sheer delight I have to be going to college, to be going to UCD.

Oh. God.
    Get used to it. I'm only doing you a favour.
    Seriously, if you don't live on the southside or drive at LEAST a Golf then just don't come here.
    You will make NO friends. Oh and any sort of non-d4 accent will make you a prime target for abuse.
    C'est la vie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭LovelyHurling

Sangre wrote:
    Get used to it. I'm only doing you a favour.
    Seriously, if you don't live on the southside or drive at LEAST a Golf then just don't come here.
    You will make NO friends. Oh and any sort of non-d4 accent will make you a prime target for abuse.
    C'est la vie.

Ignore it. I dont live on the southside, I dont even live in the south. I don't drive a Golf, and don't have a d4 accent I cant even hear the difference between other kinds of dublin accnets if they exist.... well except the scumbag one which is quite funny:D

Anyway, most people are in the same situation and love the place, as do their many friends!

I'm an ex TCD, ex UCD and current DCU student but for me UCD was the best University.

Dont just get into bed with the first university you meet folks...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

sinead_t wrote:

hmmm... Going by this post, Trinity seems to make people boring sh!tes who can't have a little joke... :confused: kewl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭LovelyHurling

sinead_t wrote:
    completely obsessed with comparing themselves to Trinity. U are all so obsessed with making sure your college is nothing like trinity or that u are all so much better. Its so sad. .

Completely obsessed? Doen't keep me awake at night tbh! Lets not go down this road and get back talking about UCD in all its might coolness, which is why we're all here, after all!!:D

sinead_t wrote:

We're just concerned about staying number 1. I wouldn't expect a Trinner to understand since you're used to being second-best but you see here in UCD, we're all about being on top.

UCD frequently whoop Trinity at sports. Fact.

And we have Pat Paterson and you don't.

* clears throat ......AHEM

B_U_M_P_I_T_Y B_U_M_P

What with all the animosity and tension floating about here lately I thought i'd do a lickle bumpity bump and remind ye all whats cool about UCDD.

Well what *is* cool bout UCD ? eh? eh?

bump

excuse me my bad....

• Advertisement

Dan Hayden. Why not.

hmm... not quite what I was goin for but thanks for your input [I agree!!]

Okay then. Me, me and more of me.

yeah thats soooooooo true...... reallly...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

The freezers.

Actually, I quite like the sports facilities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

all the cock teasing chicks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

The fact that I'm leaving, finally, in 2 months.

Think about it:

I'm happy cos I'll finally be free of this dump (altho will still keep in touch wit the sound ppl I met along the way)

and You're happy cos you won't have to put up with my belly-aching and all-round sour-facery anymore!:D

Advertisement