Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dating Ideas...

• 09-10-2005 3:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭

So i was out few weeks back with my friends and i was chatting to guy for most of the night, now we didnt score or nething but i got his number and we've been txting ever since.
    Every time we organised to meet up one of us always have something on as we're both involved in sport and i(18) go to college in limerick and him(20)goes to cork and i only home at weekends which is when he works(fri+sat nyt)so that means we can do something during the day either on saturday or sunday before i go back.
    So heres where ye guys come in..just wondering has anyone ne ideas of things we could do..so..not the cinema as theres nothing gud in and i really dont want to bore him with a chick flick like tara road/pride and prejudice r anything :D
    all suggestions gratefully recieved...! What have ye done on a "first date"..what would of ye liked to do..(now now dirty minded ppl ay!! :rolleyes: )
    thanks!!
    F_M

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Panicked

I was actually going to post something similar. But figured I'd just jump in on this thread.

Anyone got some good suggestions for first dates?

Also what about the cinema? I have the impression that it's bit of a juvenile date. We're both in our early twenties, or does that matter. I mean when I was 16-18 and went on a first date to the cinema, at some point during the movie I'd just lean over and kiss her. I'd be a bit skeptical about doing that now really. What's the done thing on a first date in the cinema for adults? I mean would one just watch the movie first then when walking her to where-ever (obviously once signals/body language are in your favour) then kiss? Dating etiquette seems to change so much with the times and with age. I'd regard myself currently illiterate for my upcoming one so any help would be appreciated..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

Deffo don't do cinema...

Go to pub/cafe/restaurant have whatever meal they serve during that time of the day and talk for a few hours...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Panicked

chump wrote:
    Deffo don't do cinema...

Go to pub/cafe/restaurant have whatever meal they serve during that time of the day and talk for a few hours...
    Right but.. what if we went to a cafe first then to the cinema?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Moved to .... Dating Board .... Damn! There is none. :(

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

Nothing beats a quite corner in an old pub on a Sunday afternoon, where there's no pushy lounge staff & a lunch/dinner menu if you feel peckish.
    You can people watch & speculate about who's hungover & who's a sad alco loser etc. while getting to know each other over a couple of drinks.
    Then wandering towards bus-stops/taxis huddled together from the cold.
    Tis a lovely time of year for it.
    Best of luck!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

IMO the cinema is a LOUSY idea

Fair enough when yas are going out and looking for a relaxing evening, but for the first few dates?
    What's the point?

Yas aren't talking or finding out about each other, and unless your fairly yung yas wont exactly be making out there either...

Waste of a date in my opinion...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Steveire

I know nothing about Cork, but a simple adventure would work out i'd say. Maybe get a boat and go out on it for a while. I'm sure they're available at reasonable prices. Personally, i'd go for hang-gliding either, but not on a first date. And dunno if it's available there anyway.
    EDIT: ooh, quad biking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Go to the pub that's the best option IMO a few after a few beers you'll be grand ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Fast_Mover wrote:
    i(18) go to college in limerick and him(20)goes to cork
    Does the bus/train to Cork go through Limerick? If so, bring a picnic. Picnic on the bus/train. Or something.

As for the cinema, "Boys Eats Girl" is a good comedy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Illegal Alien

A Cup of coffee. Cafe/Your place/His place.

Hang out in the park (May involve coffee also :p)

Hang out in town.

Go for a drive.

Get a DVD out.

Stop physicing yourself out!! What would you do with your friends during the day? Whatever it is do that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭shakaman

Remember once I brought a girl to a shooting range for a first date. She loved it!.....something different and just enough stuff to do to keep those awkward first date silences away!

And the feel of a gun in her hand got her in the right frame of mind for later ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Ya suppose could go to park-sit,chat and instead of coffee which i dont lik..tea...or better still..icecream..tho myt b bit cold!
    tho id like to do something fun/adventurous thats cheap (after all i am a poor student.. :D ) i wana be able to relax with him...havnt seen this guy in a few weeks so dunno what i gona b lik..same for him.
    keep the suggestions coming!!!
    thanks!!
    F_M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭shakaman

For the cheaper option there's loadsa different things to do. Not really the time of year but a funfare/themepark is always good craic, also remember on of my mates took a girl to the zoo, she loved all the animals etc. And there's loadsa indoor stuff too, got to an aquarium, go bowling go for a meal.

Hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Clay-pigeon shooting!! Honestly, it's hilarious, and a great way to spend a few hours. He'll be dying to impress you with his big gun :p

Advertisement