Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do with a stray kitten?

• 09-10-2005 6:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭

I was gifted a stray Kitten by my ever so kind sister, Who now departs for college and let me and my cat allergies to care for it. She found it abandoned in the middle of nowhere while out walking a few days ago, Now i am not a cat lover, i have a 12yr old terrier who is well retired and i love and care for her very much. I have advertised it in my local pet shop, I have had no reply, I just want to find it a caring love able home. At present it is living in the family garage with a basket and straw etc. Do the ispca, Co. council animal pound take unwanted kittens ? I would hate to have to put it down, but if i can't re home it within a week, it shall have to have it be put down with lethal injection at my veterinarians.

Any info would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

Pounds only take dogs. If you log on to www.irishanimals.com you can put the kitten up on homes needed.

http://www.corkanimalfriends.com/

the above link is to the website for a rescue in Cork which may be able to help you or advise you further as to who in your area would be in a position to help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

Thanks for that Tabitharose, the little guy is starting to grow on me, i have decided to spare him the lethal injection and will hold out for a good owner. I'm afraid that if i put it (I can't determine the sex) in a shelter it might only end up getting gassed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

There are no kill shelters in Ireland in fact most rescues are have no kill policys unless the animals is seriously ill with no chance of recovery.

Advertisement