Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IWW Waterford show 8/10/2005

• 09-10-2005 6:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭

To be brutally honest with you i was going to the show for the Main attraction only D'LO Brown and to see a good wrestling show to boot

We were told at the beginning of the night that D'LO couldnt attend due to a family bereavement in the states, slight disappointment but understandable considering the circumstances

Enough of that onto the show, match of the night in my opinion was Vic Viper Vs Bubblegum, if youve never seen Vic Viper wrestle i suggest you do so as soon as possible,this guy is a machine and he destroyed bubblegum with moves ive never actually seen before, top class match top class wrestler

Suicide move of the night Award went to S.O.S, he threw charles boddington into a crowd of of about 6 wrestlers and then Launched himself over the top rope at the wrestlers and nearly killed himself in the process

Mad Man Manson forbes kelly steve mulligan all put in solid efforts, lamest gimmick award goes to team sexy, i mean plastic pitchforks just doesnt work lol, Dave Zero was out for all of 5 mins in a blink and youll miss it match

And of course i got to meet one of our esteemed mods Hanza AKA The Heretic Red Vinny, we talked for a few mins, top guy, Hello if your reading this BTW :)

Just a word about the atmosphere at the forum, i dunno what happened 2nd half but the audience and the wrestlers took it to another level, people were standing on seats,shouting, wrestlers were trying more insane things, it was like we were all swept up in some mad dementia or something, even a few holy ****s and ecw chants got goiing, it got to the point where at the end of the last match the audience surrounded the ring and banged on the apron in appreciation of the guys efforts, SOS Mad Man Manson and Steve Mulligan couldnt get out of the ring for 10 minutes,very surreal and very weird

Anyhoo youll see the results on Whiplash TV in the coming weeks and months, well all thats useable anyways

Anyway it was a damn fine show and kudos to the IWW staff for putting on a great night of entertainment

Shin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Agree with all of that. Absolutely top show, well worth the drive from Cork.

Match of the night for me was Viper and Phoenix, but there was no bad match on the night.

On the down side, I left my hoody down there, and cant get it back, as the muppet on the other end of the phone wouldnt take a look in the lost and found, telling me Id have to call in. I said I was from Cork, and he told me to drive down - "someone might have handed it in". Príck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

Was an unreal show. Second show ive been to. We travelled up from cork and got our seats front row and centre (cheers to gimmick and the promoter fot that btw!)

These guys truly gave it all again and to be honest after about two minutes of the viper/bubblegum match everybody had forgotten about d-lo's absence!

The atmosphere was electric especially for the phoenix/viper match (we were the three guys front row screaming for viper at) In all the wwe events ive been too ive never seen an atmosphere/crowd as intense (bar possibly austin at the rds) and into it as we were for that match.

The interaction and especially the thrashtalking with all of them particularly the heels was brilliant. I know i got put in my place twice, by Vic Viper when he told me "you paid to be here I GET PAID TO BE HERE!!" and Red Vinny/ Hanza kept in character brilliant when i screamed to "kill him off vinny" in his match with bubblegum and he told me to "Shut up"

Not one match on the card disapponted to be honest. None of this "feeling each other out" b.s. that we get "treated" to on tv on a regular basis

Some of the best moments:
    Vipers Snakebite finisher, love that move!
    George Mcflys heel turn.
    The Flawless One Jay Phoenix's promo and crowd taunting.
    A little kid screaming out in a big WAAAAAHERFUURD accent during Phoenixs promo "Mister we can see yoooouuur ARSE!!" Hilarious,think even phoenix cracked a smile!!
    SOS flattening half the roster with his leap over the top rope!!
    Meeting The Flawless One and SOS afterwards.
    Loads more as well though but there the ones that are coming to me know.

Worst moment:
    Vic Viper getting knocked out of the ring and SPILLING MY ****ING PINT!!! !!! :p

Cant wait for my next IWW show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

A little kid screaming out in a big WAAAAAHERFUURD accent during Phoenixs promo "Mister we can see yoooouuur ARSE!!" Hilarious,think even phoenix cracked a smile!!

I bust a gut laughing at that as well lol, and phoenix definitely cracked a smile :)

Shin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

Unbelievable show - Can't wait to see some of the matches on Whiplash. Best atmosphere since the Supershow I'd say.

gimmick wrote:
    On the down side, I left my hoody down there, and cant get it back.

Your "hoody" ??????? Go on ya chav!!! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭jesusjones

Yeah the atmosphere made the show and enjoyed it Id wager IWW will come back more often. As me and shinzon said afterwards Theyll Make the Forum their Viking/Bingo Hall!Ha!Ha!

Alreayd posted this in the IWW forum

The show in Waterford was top class. The lack of D'lo wasn't even a factor. Tonight was about IWWs talent, and it was showed in a big way. Red Vinny, Vic Viper, SOS, and a great heel turn (not gonna spoil) showed why this promotion have nothing to be shy of when comparing themselves to any other company/promotion in the world.

Im not giving a review of the show here, but I must say, this was the best live show Ive ever seen. The crowd were hot, and very much added to a great athmosphere.

Ill finish by saying thanks a million to Si_Rochie for looking after us tonight, and everyone who was in the ring on the night for an absolutely top class show.

Just a word about the atmosphere at the forum, i dunno what happened 2nd half but the audience and the wrestlers took it to another level

Just thinking about that there. What was the 'turning' point? All of a sudden, everyone just went mental. Was there a big spot or what? The athmosphere was good before the Viper/Phoenix match, but as that match started, it went through the roof!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I think it was the split reaction in the fantastic Viper/Phoenix match that got the crowd trying to outdo each other, the vibe just stayed for the rest of the night. Not to say that they weren't great from the start, as they were just on form all night, but I think at that point they just EXPLODED. I'm sure some people will be able to vouch for me when I say that that seems to happen at every IwW show nowadays.

gimmick wrote:
    Just thinking about that there. What was the 'turning' point? All of a sudden, everyone just went mental. Was there a big spot or what? The athmosphere was good before the Viper/Phoenix match, but as that match started, it went through the roof!!!

Taking nothing away from the performances but the fact we were drinking since 3 o clock might have influenced me a little bit!! ha ha.

Seriously tho even if i was blood sober i know i would have still gone ballistic!! Seriously cant wait to see the next whiplash tv show or live event.

I dont think ive been this excited about something in wrestling since the first time i saw Austin whoop McMahons ass!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 rolo feen

leggo wrote:
    I think it was the split reaction in the fantastic Viper/Phoenix match that got the crowd trying to outdo each other, the vibe just stayed for the rest of the night. Not to say that they weren't great from the start, as they were just on form all night, but I think at that point they just EXPLODED. I'm sure some people will be able to vouch for me when I say that that seems to happen at every IwW show nowadays.
    agreed.

gimmick, topdawg and i couldnt agree on who exactly was the heel or face in this match so we just picked Viper to chant for, obviously to the distain of the people at the other side of the ring who chanted for Phoenix.
    incredible atmosphere just spawned from that.....

brilliant show though. really fantastic.
    thanks to all involved in organising and running the night. cant wait for the next show....

Advertisement