Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McBride to fight for a Belt

Options
  • 09-10-2005 6:46pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I only caught the end of an Interview on Friday night on off the ball the sports program on Newstalk.And apparently McBride is to fight for a belt before chrismass....and it will be announced tomorrow (Monday) at a press conference.It will not be in Ireland but could take place some ware else in Europe.

Not sure who the lads were interviewing as I did not catch it all,but it sounded like Pascal Collins.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Geiger

What a joke...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

The opponent and other detail's will be announced Live and exclusively on News talks off the ball program this Tuesday,its on from 7 on-till 10.

It's gotta be Ruiz, but then again when does Nicolai V get his shot? Can't see him winning against any of the current champs though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

Looks like it could be McBride Vs Matt Skelton for the WBU - that would make a better a match than that BUM Danny Williams facing Skelton.

http://www.irish-boxing.com/october05/11_October_2005_McBride.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

Looks like it is defo McBride vs Skelton.......... it should be a good scrap. Any predictions????

http://www.skysports.com/skysports/article/0,,1-1198878,00.html

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

MBC wrote:
    Looks like it is defo McBride vs Skelton.......... it should be a good scrap. Any predictions

I am looking forward to this one...I can see it going ether way but I will stick my head on the line and say McBride on points.

It's early days but I'd pick Skelton to win by late stoppage. Should be a decent fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Skelton with a stoppage win between rounds 5-7 .

Advertisement