Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

request for shrubs in dublin area...

Options
  • 09-10-2005 6:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭

hi,
    i've just moved into a flat in ranelagh and the landlord has a lovely big garden, but it's just a patch of grass and i'd love to make something of a decent garden out of it. i've already put in some trellises and climbers, and a mature olive tree. i've run out of budget for the garden now though... and am wondering if any kind soul has any shrubs or small trees they would like to get rid of. i'd happily do any digging or cutting required.
    i'm hoping to put some fuchsias along the back wall which at the moment is just boring concrete blocks. any other shrubbery would be most welcome!

the soil here is very rich and fertile and gets quite good light, so i would have high hopes for anything to grow well here.

thanks!
    tim.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 cybo

Hi, What a wonderful idea. Your landlord will be thrilled and be warned - he might raise your rent if it has a landscaped garden!!!

This forum doesn't seem to be too big on gardening, but if you join gardenweb.com you can get a host of plants and seeds for free.

I have lots but am based down in Cork. If you happen to be in this area, let me know and I'll give you several plants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭zero_mac

hi cybo, thanks for the reply! i used to live in crosser but wouldn't be down in cork very much these days. thanks for the kind offer anyway.
    if the landlord tries to raise the rent on me, i'll charge him 50 euros an hour back-dated for all the work i've done on it :)
    nah, he's quite happy that someone has taken an interest in it, it's a shame to have such a big garden with just grass and walls.

gardenweb.com looks like a great site. i wonder would i get laughed out of it asking for free shrubs in dublin on a forum with mostly US people?!! did you find there were many local members on the forums?

cheers
    tim

Advertisement