Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PHP Session

Options
  • 09-10-2005 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

Just a quick question, how will I know if my -enable-e-trans-sid is on ? if this is off do i need to reinstall my PHP again ?

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

[PHP]<?php echo session_id(); ?>[/PHP]If you get a session id without running session_start(), trans-sid is on.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭maco

Thanks . . .

I don't get the session id . . .

is the only option is to reinstall my PHP ?
    is there any other way to turn it on ?
    is it better to set it manually ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

- If you mean recompile, then sure. Reinstalling binary packages won't make any difference.

- Been a while since I used it, so I don't know if it can be enabled at runtime these days; check the docs, that's what they're there for.

- Depends on what you're running on the server. If there's dozens of sites, only one of which actually needs to use PHP sessions, then it's a waste of resources. Portability is another factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭maco

Thanks . . .

It worked now . . . I used this instead .

<?php
    session_start();
    $_SESSION = 'wicklow1';
    ?>

Advertisement