Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Generous Chairman

Options
  • 09-10-2005 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭

Talking to my mate there. He plays with Chelsea and as you know are a very good team in fm05 and have lots of funds.

But his manager sent him a message saying " I and the board feel our club does not have enough world class names to make faces drop, we have purchased Steven Gerrard and Adriano and are now at your disposable" or something to that effect.

Chairman just bought him two class players, although his club are now in debt for it, he still has two class players that have helped him no end.

you ever had this? or is he lieing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Never heard of that myself. I don't usually play with big teams though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Hes lying i'd say.

Ive never seen that after loads of Arsenal games.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Yeah it happens with the Chelseas/Real Madrids/Barcelonas of the world. When the club is very rich and the Chairman is very hands on he'll occasionally buy players on a whim without giving you a chance to stop him.
    I think it's possible to cancel the transfers if you keep an eye on your "Future transfers In" screen but other than that, tough!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Heh thats a new one...never heard it before

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

no chance of it happening at Liverpool...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

this happened to me at real madrid. the chairman forked out 52 million for thierry henry behind my back. i really could have put that money to better use but i suppose you cant complain about having terry henry in your team

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

lafortezza wrote:
    Yeah it happens with the Chelseas/Real Madrids/Barcelonas of the world. When the club is very rich and the Chairman is very hands on he'll occasionally buy players on a whim without giving you a chance to stop him.
    I think it's possible to cancel the transfers if you keep an eye on your "Future transfers In" screen but other than that, tough!

His right, i think there is about 5 or 6 teams that do it. When the board ask you to buy some quality players you better do it fast and get the players you want or the board will buy god knows who!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

yeah but it kinda defies the whole reality to the game. Atleast in my mates game, the two players put him from healthly profits into 40m in debt. No after the "board" forking out the doe and buying the players they are now sending him like ultimatums to sort out the debt and high player wages, when they are both been paid 150k a week =D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Now that i think of it my friend was manager of AC Milan and it happend to him. What they went and did was buy 2 players for him and put the club into death. So next thing that happened was they put the club into bankrupt and started selling his players for cheap to clear the death. He just quit when that happened and was not to happy about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

It only happens when you dont heed their warning of "We want you to sign some worldclass players"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Geg124

Never happened to me but i would be delighted if it happened. Two world class players no complaining about that

Geg124 wrote:
    Never happened to me but i would be delighted if it happened. Two world class players no complaining about that
    but what happens when his spending puts you in debt and then he decides to release some of your best players on a free?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

how long into the game did it happen do ye remember/know??

how long into the game did it happen do ye remember/know??
    Happened to me my at the beginning of my 2nd season with Real and my first season with Chelski.

Also happened a few, maybe 4 years, into my Real game again. I stopped playing then as my team was already perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Borat_Sagdiyev

Slurms wrote:
    Happened to me my at the beginning of my 2nd season with Real and my first season with Chelski.

Also happened a few, maybe 4 years, into my Real game again. I stopped playing then as my team was already perfect.
    Your team can never be perfect! After winning 5 premierships in a row I was still scouring the market for the next young prospect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

well i can't see joe colwell donating any players my way, maybe he'll make roddy collins my asst manager? lol

Advertisement