Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom -- Need I Say More

• 09-10-2005 8:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭

Hello, since march 2005 i've been trying to get broadband but to no avail. Eircom simply refuses me without any reason whatsoever. I'm in a new estate and my next-door-neighbour has BB. It is nearly discrimination at this stage, that they will accept eveybody in my estate except me! Finally I ot them to send an engineer out. He said and I quote "There is no reason why you should'nt be able to get broadband". So the next day I rang Eircom and they bascially told me tuff-luck! If anybody has any suggestions or emails of somebod high-up in eircom that would be such a big help! By the way I live in Rush Co.Dublin.

Thanks for your time.

==========================================================
    Back-up plan incase everthing else fails. Wireless BB, i've been phoneing up a few places and got a negative response. If anybody lives in Rush and has wireless or knows of a company who definatily provides for rush then that would be a help.

Again Thanks For Your Time.

Please PM me if you have advice or an email of someone.

Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

I think phil.nolan@eircom.ie is the address. Mail him your story. He should be able to help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

As a short-term measure, why not see if you can come to some arrangement with your neighbour to share his connection via wireless?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

Yakuza wrote:
    As a short-term measure, why not see if you can come to some arrangement with your neighbour to share his connection via wireless?
    HA as if he would let him that guy is a total jerk!

Is that phil.nolan@Eircom.net

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Do you have any stuff on your line - answering machine, sky box etc etc all those can result in a fail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

nope it's phil.nolan@eircom.ie as originally posted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭Fr Dougal

I live in Rush, near the church and have eircom BB.
    A friend lives near the harbour and has eircom BB.
    Another friend in Upper main street can get it but hasn't ordered. However, relative in Loughshinny cannot get it.
    Think the exchange is out near the train station so people on the Skerries side if the main st may have difficulties due to distance.

What area in Rush do you live?

Fr Dougal wrote:
    What area in Rush do you live?
    1st the only thing i Have that might effect is SKY digatal but its not plugged into the phone line.

2nd I live in the new estate near the Harbour.

By the way what does that Noel fella do in relation to Eircom?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Deaddude wrote:
    By the way what does that Noel fella do in relation to Eircom?

Noel? You mean Phil Nolan? He's the CEO. Generally mailing him gets things fixed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

paulm17781 wrote:
    Noel? You mean Phil Nolan? He's the CEO. Generally mailing him gets things fixed.

Yea i gotta agree there he sorted me out and my line is definitely too far from the exchange it took some persuading though just email him its worth a try also mention the amber project if they say its distance related they will warn you it may not work at full speed dont mind that it will mine runs more reliably than my mates who has passed the line test from the begining
    Pete

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭Darwin

Deaddude, by any chance are you an existing eircom customer, or did you switch to an alternative provider before ordering broadband? The reason I ask is because I find myself in a similar position to you. My local exchange was upgraded in August. I have tried to order broadband on three separate occasions from eircom. Each time my order goes missing - seemingly they have a different system for processing orders from non-eircom customers (I have visions of such orders coming off a printer and straight into a shredder). On the last occasion a sales rep actually told me that I was not eligible for broadband because I wasn't an eircom customer! I'm convinced the only way I'm going to get anywhere is to switch my calls back to them. I have tried ordering broadband from other providers, but my ISDN line (a BRA additional line?) means they have to talk to eircom about downgrading and its back to square one again. A complete mess....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

No as far as I know he is with €ircon. His neighbors can get BB and that's what's really annoying - although his neighbor works in €ircon which might make a diff :mad:

Yes I am an Eircom Customer already. BOTH my next-door-neighbours have BB BOTH! But me no. Thats what pisses me Off! Anyways I'll email Noel and tell you how I get on , Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

Phone 1800 923 923 and order from BT IReland, if you cannot get through to them go to there website, btireland.ie, enter your phone number and if it passes you will get an order page, fill in the details and expect to enjoy BB in about 2-3 weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Phone 1800 923 923 and order from BT IReland, if you cannot get through to them go to there website, btireland.ie, enter your phone number and if it passes you will get an order page, fill in the details and expect to enjoy BB in about 2-3 weeks
    His line fails. The reason it fails is because he is too far away from the exchange, he is 5.26Km from the exchange and the limit is a mere 4.5Km even though in the UK it's 10Km; how his neighbours passed we don't know.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭leche solara

Why does he keep referring to Noel?
    Is there a dyslexia issue here?
    Maybe he asked for Blueband!!

Advertisement