Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Larsson To Leave Barca?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,318 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

he was an excellent player,

What is the difference between good, great, excellent and world class and how can a player prove that he is good, great, excellent or world class?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

The EPL, Serie A, La Liga, De Bundesliga, and CL would be my be all and end all of (club) football

So Pele, by your standards of footballers he wouldn't be considered a great footballer because he never played club football in Europe, or is there exceptions made?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Dempsey wrote:
    So Pele, by your standards of footballers he wouldn't be considered a great footballer because he never played club football in Europe, or is there exceptions made?
    Know many people playing in the Premiership or Champions League in the 1960s?

Do ya want the list?

Sure, but it will be a pretty short one.

Not everyone gets onto Great Footballers Shortlist and if your narrowing it down to the English 1st Division and the Champions Cup in the 1960's its gonna be abit shorter.

Whats your point? Because I cant see what it has to do with what I said

The point is that it's pretty stupid to compare how you measure a great player 40+ years ago and a great player today. Can you come up with any world class players (besides Larsson, I'm guessing) who play or have played in the last few years but avoided Europe's big 4/5 leagues?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

kaids wrote:
    The point is that it's pretty stupid to compare how you measure a great player 40+ years ago and a great player today. Can you come up with any world class players (besides Larsson, I'm guessing) who play or have played in the last few years but avoided Europe's big 4/5 leagues?

Lubo Moravcik ....:D

If lArsson socres 20 goals in PL La Liga or Serie A then he can claim to be world class, till then Marco Negri still scored more before xmas than he did.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

he was an excellent player,

What is the difference between good, great, excellent and world class and how can a player prove that he is good, great, excellent or world class?
    Look, be pedantic all you like, especially if it makes you feel better, at least we both know it's just because you you can't contribute anything to show that Larsson was anything but a big fish in a small pond.

Larsson has not proved himeslf to be a world class player. In simple terms, would you agree or disagree?

I'm sure you will still however respond in a way that you will dodge the question.

• Advertisement
Advertisement