Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

life.dcu.ie

• 09-10-2005 10:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭

What does anyone think of it? I think its a great idea if it works out, with people posting up photos and stuff, but i think (well at the minute) that only club/soc committees can post photos and news on it so not really good for the regular joe soap.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

You can log in with your DCU login and it displays your clubs & societies on the main page (fotosoc :D ). I think its a fantastic idea, bookmarked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

forum is a pretty cool idea too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,344 ✭✭✭markpb

rugbug86 wrote:
    but i think (well at the minute) that only club/soc committees can post photos and news on it so not really good for the regular joe soap.

I *think* that members of clubs and socs are able to upload news/photos/etc by clicking on submit at the top, choose a club/soc from the drop down list and filling in the details. The chair of that club/society has to approve the submission before it goes live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

I have tried logging on a few times now and it has yet to work

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Dublin's Finest

What's the URL?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,344 ✭✭✭markpb

The url is, unsurprisingly enough, http://life.dcu.ie/ :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Polly19

Its a good idea but design is ****

It isnt compatable with Firefox.The panel on the left hand side goes floating all over the place and ends up embedded under writing when you log in with firefox and also the gallery doesnt work when I logged in with IE.The gallery photos were all one photo or they were just blank.

Some sever redesigning and reprogramming needs to be done to this site

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

I had that problem too... run the mouse over the text and it floats back

Polly19 wrote:
    Its a good idea but design is ****

It isnt compatable with Firefox.The panel on the left hand side goes floating all over the place and ends up embedded under writing when you log in with firefox and also the gallery doesnt work when I logged in with IE.The gallery photos were all one photo or they were just blank.

Some sever redesigning and reprogramming needs to be done to this site

floating happens with IE too

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Dublin's Finest

Anybody having problems just logging in??

• Advertisement

From what Ive heard there seems to be a large amount of people having trouble logging in and also trying to access the bug form to report that they cant log in :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

Polly19 wrote:
    From what Ive heard there seems to be a large amount of people having trouble logging in and also trying to access the bug form to report that they cant log in :confused:

not to mention that you cant access it from WITHIN DCU unless you change your PCs proxy settings :)

Ive never had a problem access it from with DCU :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

Polly19 wrote:
    Ive never had a problem access it from with DCU :p
    REally?
    It doesnt work for me from the CA labs unless i modify the proxy settings

See: http://life.dcu.ie/forum/viewthread.php?tid=30

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

It doesn't work for anybody ca labs, I am too damn lazy to change settings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

When I log in it says there is "Currently 1 pieces of content is awaiting for my approval", whatever the hell that means. However when I click the link to see this mysterious "content" there's none to be approved.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Says that for me too, when the site works, which its not atm.

OFDM wrote:
    When I log in it says there is "Currently 1 pieces of content is awaiting for my approval", whatever the hell that means. However when I click the link to see this mysterious "content" there's none to be approved.

me three. had me feeling important for a while!

I used to get that aswell but I pointed out the problem to the admins and they fixed it on my end anyway

Advertisement