Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of getting an electric RC Car

Options
  • 10-10-2005 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,259 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    Thinking of getting an electric RC Car. Kinda in two minds but after playing with a mates of mine, I got a wanting! :)
    Was looking at this one,
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6003750281
    Could cost about 170euro shipped. Would still need to get a charger/battery.
    Is it a decient rc car for the money? Would there be an alt. one for the same money? I have a Mini Cooper so thats the reasion Im interested in this one.
    Also, if anyone has one like this for sale, say without the Mini body would be great too.
    Thanks for any input.

KeRbDoG

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Seeing as VAT is not in the price it looks expensive to me, it should be 20% less.

The prices available here in Dublin hobby shops for similar stuff are just a small amount more, and they have VAT, freight and after sales backup included.

So if it gets stopped by customs and vat charged it will be more expensive than the similar electric cars on sale locally.

Or did I miss something ... .it it a special super high specification?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,259 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

A friend has bought one of these items from this guy and items coming in standard post dont get stopped by customs (I will never use Fedex again) so it cost him what it was in the auction + $52 for shipping. No extra VAT etc.
    No idea if its super high spec so it was kinda what I was asking. Is it any good :)

If it is the type I'm thinking of, it should be ok...
    Is the body pre-painted or clear?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,259 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

pre painted ready out of the box (gota buy charger/battery)

kerbdog wrote:
    pre painted ready out of the box ...
    That explains why it seemed to cost a bit more - most decent leccie cars round here have a clear body shell so u can paint it in your personal chosen colours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,556 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Do you plan on racing this or just mess about with it ?

Advertisement