Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

battlefield 2 - CO OP versus CPU on lan ?

Options
  • 10-10-2005 1:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

hi all,

Does anybody have a way to get a co-op game that will have cpu bots?

When i start a network game it only has the players that are connected?

eg. 3 of us connect on the lan, and it only has the 3 of us in the whole map i.e. we want the cpu to make up the numbers like in single player mode ?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Sorry mate I don't think it's possible yet, but you may find a mod somewhere that will alow this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

There are lots of mods that allow you to do this.

Try FileFront as jaggeh mentioned of the mod forums @ TotalBF2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭sgtdiesalot

if we`re on a local network, get one person to start a single player game, when he has loaded up get the others to connect to it using the ip address of the game. works for us most of the time. (the others use the multiplayer connect to ip option)

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭DonnieBrasco

cheers, I'll give these a go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

ya we do it at lan games, the host can add up to 128 bots and when you connect there all there, if you get the 64 man single player maps mod you can have some serious fun, those bots come from every direction :D

have fun

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭DonnieBrasco

We had a few problems setting this up !

1st
    i forgot to mention that we had no internet access from any machine.
    So this meant the CONNECT TO IP option would not work - only available if you've got a web connection.

2nd
    MutliPlayer - laptops running xp were not able to connect to other hosts. Although the laptops were able to host games no problem.
    We resolved this by uninstalling the BF2 patch and the mod...i dont know why this worked but it did.

eventually, once we removed the BF2 patch & mod and used these steps we got lan & bots:

1 From MACHINE ONE- create a MULTIPLAYER game but DO NOT JOIN.
    2 Get all other machines to find this game in the list of multiplayer games.
    3 Get all other machines to HIGHLIGHT this game/host - but dont join yet
    4 From MACHINE ONE exit and just start a normal single player game (any map) and start playing once it loads.
    5 Get all other machines to join now... it will join everyone into the single player game with all the bots. (you might want to join 1 at a time!)

Advertisement