Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Megadeth to continue

• 10-10-2005 3:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭

Dave Mustaine just announced mid concert in Argentina that Megadeth is continuing on after this tour! :D

That is all.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Beer is Life

Nice one, but all was at stake really was the name. It was basically a solo project anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭mp3guy

We'll see what happens with the next album, that'll be interesting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭mickymg2003

Il just stick this in here!!! But i want to get into some megadeth so i was wonderin if you guys cud guide me in the way of a gud album to start from or maybe some songs i could get off ITunes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

i hate to do this but Megadeth announced that show months ago. Dave Mustaine has always said that his favorite place in the world is Argentina, and i think that would be a great place to bury megadeth once and for all.

Then again, in a positive light, i think Mustaine has realised that the name kinda carrys him (like Trent Reznor and NIN) so he would want to have that name behind him. asides from the obvious benifits of a 20 odd yr back catalogue, an established name and a faceless metal band that can be easily marketed in japan and asia where the fans dont know as much about the bands as we do, hes also got the fact that people here just want the megadeth thing, cause quite frankly mustaine on his own would experiment, and that would suck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Il just stick this in here!!! But i want to get into some megadeth so i was wonderin if you guys cud guide me in the way of a gud album to start from or maybe some songs i could get off ITunes?

Peace Sells... But Who's Buying - just class all the way through. An all-time classic album.

Rust In Peace - Their best album IMO but not the easiest to get into

Countdown To Extinction - The beginning of the more commercial stuff but still enough balls to be classed as a "real" album :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Then again, in a positive light, i think Mustaine has realised that the name kinda carrys him (like Trent Reznor and NIN) so he would want to have that name behind him. asides from the obvious benifits of a 20 odd yr back catalogue, an established name and a faceless metal band that can be easily marketed in japan and asia where the fans dont know as much about the bands as we do, hes also got the fact that people here just want the megadeth thing, cause quite frankly mustaine on his own would experiment, and that would suck!

Your quip about Japan/Asia - are you kidding me? They get more bands over there then we do hot breakfasts - Megadeth, Vader, Slayer, Metallica, Arch Enemy, etc have constantly gone to Japan/Asia when they tour

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I agree with Dr J, Rust in Peace would be my favourite album of theirs also. Peace Sells a close second.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Switchead

ahhhh...i was so friggin happy when i heard that, i think its more than just a name, especially when you consider the support that megadeth has from its fans...just join the deth forums and you'll see...

also i think now megadeth will continue its Way more than a mustaine solo project as now he has to play solidly with the drover brothers and james, whereas if he were 2 go solo he'd have 1 million and 1 musicians recordin on his next project, i really wanna hear what the new guys have to offer deth..

ne way long live megadeth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 502

Megadeth pioneered "thrash metal". There is no better band. now and at the hour of our deth. amen.

• Advertisement
Advertisement