Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harney neglecting men

Options
  • 10-10-2005 4:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭

It's an outrage. Why has Ms Harney ignored this men's health issue and not advised us to take appropriate action? Why hasn't she addressed us on TV or mentioned it in the dail?

No doubt when enough pressure is mounted she'll propose a government funded body to raise awareness called the IWA. Let's get something straight between us Mary, you need to get your head around this one.

Lucky for you I've thought long and hard about it and what we really need is a government funded body each to provide the necessary therapy twice daily, and these should be on rotation. So get the lead out guys and send her a stiff letter, or go down to the local cummin and fill their ears with the hard facts. We demand satisfaction!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Let's face it, it's not just Mary Harney that ignores mens health issues, it's the rest of the planet. How many adverts to you see on T.V saying "Breast cancer awareness week" or "Cervical cancer prevention", how about men? do we not get cancer?, how many adverts do you see about testicle cancer? ****ing none.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Whilst I would encourage a campaign carried out by the government to encourage men to get checked for the likes of prostate cancer, I would be surprised if men need to be encouraged to masturbate. it would be like trying to sell Sky to someone that already has it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Reminds me of Jasper Carrots take on the subject. He had read a report that men should check thier nads once a day and wondered who wrote the medical advice as most men can't stay away from them for more then 15 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

democrates wrote:
    It's an outrage. Why has Ms Harney ignored this men's health issue and not advised us to take appropriate action? Why hasn't she addressed us on TV or mentioned it in the dail?

I really really really really really really don't want to be thinking about Mary Harney in any way, shape or form when knocking one out, thank you very much. So as far as I am concerned she should ignore the issue completely ... now Sharon or Grainne off the news, they can tell me about masterbation till the cows come home.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

Wicknight wrote:
    ... now Sharon or Grainne off the news, they can tell me about masterbation till the cows come home.

What about Anne Doyle ? :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

eigrod wrote:
    What about Anne Doyle ? :)

"gurp" ... sorry, thru up a little there ... that neck ... [shudder]

• Registered Users Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

democrates wrote:
    No doubt when enough pressure is mounted she'll propose a government funded body to raise awareness called the IWA. Let's get something straight between us Mary, you need to get your head around this one.

Lucky for you I've thought long and hard about it and what we really need is a government funded body each to provide the necessary therapy twice daily, and these should be on rotation. So get the lead out guys and send her a stiff letter, or go down to the local cummin and fill their ears with the hard facts. We demand satisfaction!

HaHa!, great post. You can chair the IWA. :D Now who'll organise a "blue kleenex" campaign and graphic tv ads that instruct people in the right technique?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

fly_agaric wrote:
    HaHa!, great post. You can chair the IWA. :D Now who'll organise a "blue kleenex" campaign and graphic tv ads that instruct people in the right technique?

don't forget the now customary wrist band :)

Advertisement