Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland v Switz (scores, everything)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

2-0 Ireland tonight by the way. Im hugely confident going into this game.

We are a good team playing badly up to this point. Professionals with a point to prove and revenge on their mind all across the park for us. I fancy Ireland strongly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I should'nt intrude on private grief (!) but my prediction is for the Swiss to win by one goal.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

Draupnir wrote:
    Brian Kerrs been manager since May 2002 has he?

Which would mean he managed us through the Saipan debacle at the 2002 WC??? Think man - think! :rolleyes:

He was appointed early 2003, probably in February or March.

What odds is Ian Harte first Irish scorer tonight? Surely worth a flutter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Kerr took over in January 2003 AFAIK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Draupnir wrote:
    Brian Kerrs been manager since May 2002 has he?

Yes, you're correct. I meant to type 2.5 years which is still enough time in the job imho to make my point valid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭The Insider

I go for a 2-1 win to Ireland with Robbie getting the first, he owe's Brian one but then again I am always optismistic when it comes to Ireland.

C'mon you boys in Green!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Draupnir wrote:
    2-0 Ireland tonight by the way. Im hugely confident going into this game.

We are a good team playing badly up to this point. Professionals with a point to prove and revenge on their mind all across the park for us. I fancy Ireland strongly.

Have you seen the Swiss play? They are a lot better than us!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

Pigman II wrote:
    Yes, you're correct. I meant to type 2.5 years which is still enough time in the job imho to make my point valid.

No hes not - see 5 posts up. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

RedorDead wrote:
    No hes not - see 5 posts up. ;)

The guy was being sarcastic as far as I can tell. Anyone would know Kerr wasn't in charge in May02. Man I didn't think a typo would cause this much discussion! :) Just to clarify, I know, you know, Draupnir knows, we all know Kerr was appointed in Jan 03 and his first match was against Scotland in Feb of that year. Phew!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

course I was being sarcastic!! shame on some of you people.

fair play to Pigman for noticing.

anyway, I saw the swiss on Saturday against france and they looked good, but feck it lads, I fancy Ireland to win. I just have a feeling in my waters.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Draupnir wrote:
    I just have a feeling in my waters.

Want to get that checked out man!! could be serious! :D

Anyway I am off home to set the video up and get the cans in....then back at 10.30 tonite to sit and watch full coverage of the game!! hope we win but everyone else will know about 3 hours before I finish watching the game.....god its f**king hard been a fan!!! mobile turned off at 7!! :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

BaZmO* wrote:
    He said that O'Shea should be picked ahead of Harte because of Harte's lack of pace, something we're already lacking. And as a result, our defence sits too deep isolating are midfield. Which is a fair point imo.

B.

This is a very good point and the more I think about it I feel that O' Brien should start. I know I originally said Dunne but I feel that O' Brien will add that bit more pace to the team. Dunne and Cunningham look very shaky when they play together and imo I think it is because Dunne doesnt listen to Cunningham as well as O' Brien does. Cunningham is an excellent organiser of the defence and he marshels O' Brien very well and thats why they make a good partnership. I dont think Dunne listens as well and this is why they are shaky. Anyone agree?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

dublindude wrote:
    Have you seen the Swiss play? They are a lot better than us!
    On recent form yes but overall in this campaign you couldn't split us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Gonna go with a one nil-er to Ireland tonight.
    Gonna let the heart rule this one.....
    John O'Shea to score, nah Ian Harte is gonna come back from the brink and score a stunning free kick should he play, and we are gonna name a street after him..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

Kingp35 wrote:
    This is a very good point and the more I think about it I feel that O' Brien should start. I know I originally said Dunne but I feel that O' Brien will add that bit more pace to the team. Dunne and O' Brien look very shaky when they play together and imo I think it is because Dunne doesnt listen to Cunningham as well as O' Brien does. Cunningham is an excellent organiser of the defence and he marshels O' Brien very well and thats why they make a good partnership. I dont think Dunne listens as well and this is why they are shaky. Anyone agree?

I agree completely, but at the minute I am a bit concerned about Cunninghams form, He doesn't look confident keeps letting the ball bounce, etc..
    I believe O'Brien and Cunningham should start, but Cunningham has to hold a high line and trust O'Briens pace if a ball goes over the top.
    I believe he has being pulling the defence deep lately and we can't afford that.

Personally I think that if our players play as a team and with a bit of passion and pride, we should beat the Swiss. They seem over confident coming into the game which could be their downfall.

Please, please.

Gwan Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭randomfella

Too tight to call. I'd love to say Ireland but i just can't. I really can't see a lose . It'll be a draw or win, that much i'm certain of. :rolleyes:

But i know it'll take something special to beat the swiss (lets not forget how good they are).

I think most people agree that this match has Kerr's job on the line. If we win he stays, if we lose hes gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

O Shea and Holland to start in midfield :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Given
    ---Carr----Dunne
    Cunningham
    Harte
    ---Reid----O'shea---Holland----Kilbane
    Morrison
    Keane

Whats with the no Finnan?

Looks like itll be another case of everyone to drop around the box and hope Harte sticks in a free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

O'Shea! ffs

• Advertisement

surely Finnan could have done a better job in the middle than o'shea, who has been nothing short of terrible for ages.

Yeah definitely. Glad to see Harte back in though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

I have a terry phelan that ireland will win 2-1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,872 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Stekelly wrote:
    surely Finnan could have done a better job in the middle than o'shea, who has been nothing short of terrible for ages.

...and O'Brien at CB instead of Dunne

Dark days indeed.........

Seven Worlds will Collide

I have a terry phelan that ireland will win 2-1.

With Josh to score 2 and save a last minute penalty after Given is sent off? Cos thats what itll take to rescues anything from this campaig for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Come On Ireland!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

For once I honestly don't care how we win - as long as we do. I don't care if the game is a carbon copy of Saturday's farce in Nicosia. A win for Ireland being the result is all that matters.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Can someone post the team , or has it been announced yet ?

Its on page 6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Score early, get the crowd going and keep up the pace :) dont give a shiet how we win :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Pacifico wrote:
    Its on page 6

??????

• Advertisement

Yesterday morning I got an email telling me I'd won a prize in the Carlsberg Moments competition. I remained dubious... for about half an hour ... until the postman showed up with the prize... a Carlsberg carrier bag, silly hat with fake green and white hair, Carlsberg football - and best of all - the new "high-tech" X-static Ireland shirt (with the silver sewn into the fabric).

I'll take this as an omen that we'll win tonight.

Hell, I'll take anything as an omen that we'll win tonight.

*wanders off to paint the dog green*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

A bit shocked tbh...Kerrs tactics bemuse again...bizzare is all I can say...I hope Im wrong...but with that team...I think we'll do well to draw. :(
    I hope Ill be eating my words..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Cmon Ireland.

feck it,sounds like Ian Harte had a sitter!

Is it just me or does Andy Reid look a bit like Andy Serkis (the actor who played Gollum in the Lord of the Rings movies)...?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

It's just you

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Good pressure at the mo. Peno surely?

Jesus, whatever about that first incident with Robbie Keane - that should definitely have been a penalty for that foul on Morrisson just there!!!

• Advertisement

Hartey is actually playing ok. Gives me hope.

Frei nearly knocks in a header... Irish defense found wanting. Sheeite...!

Morrisson, Reid and Carr seem to be the main playmakers for Ireland so far from what I've seen...

Ian Harte - while looking a bit out of practise, is playing pretty well, yes.

Robbie Keane needs to see more of the ball.

Big let off, yer man number 9 for swiss should have nailed that one!

A shock goal in Paris - France 1 up.

Zidane has scored in Paris, putting France 1 - 0 up against Cyprus.

(hardly a "shock" goal, musician :) )

To be expected I guess...

Sylvain Wiltord makes it 2 - 0 to France.

That were quick

Michael Owen scores.

England 1 - Poland 0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

whats Kilbane up to ??? take him off..

Reidy on the left would probably result in much better delivery. Kilbane is all heart with no end product.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

NeVeR wrote:
    whats Kilbane up to ??? take him off..

You mean he is already on the pitch. :eek:

And take o shea off as well because i don't think it helps our cause much if 2 of our midfield players are doing feck all. :mad:

Advertisement