Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland v Switz (scores, everything)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

1/2 time scores : Ireland 0 - 0 Switzerland , England 1 - 1 Poland , France 3 - 0 Cyprus

Bah.

[edit: corrected France score. They've got 3. ... Arse. ... oh and Poland's... they equalised.]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

we need to pick up the fight next half, playing better though. now watching KFC ad in chinese :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

You need another edit Bard - Poland scored.

yer man on the chinese coverage half time analysis seems to be mentioning Stephen Carr alot thats all i can make out :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

look up the word crap in chinese - probably appears alot in the analysis too.

• Advertisement

Why, if you are in Illinois, are you watching the match with Chinese commentary?

on business in St.Louis, have high speed wireless in the hotel, so watching it on PPLive :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

i hate robbie keane all he is good for is falling over

bah pityful attempt at a bicycle kick, Keano!

Keane is vastly over-rated alright. Why the hell did he go for that bicycle kick just there? ... he should have just calmly chested it down, turned and slotted it home instead of being a glory hunting gimp with his show-off acrobatics...

(although, yes, he did FAIRLY well against Cyprus... well, in that one incident where he nearly scored by chipping the keeper...)

• Advertisement

Holy cow a shot on goal.

Stephen Eliot is warming up. Hopefully he'll replace one of our woefully underperforming forward players shortly.

Whatever you say about Keane I would rather Morrison come off.

67:00 Stephen Elliot replaces Robbie Keane

ah here, we're getting a lot of well positioned free kicks and making an absolute sham of them!

Looks like we're still relying on there being a foul providing us with a well-placed set-piece to score from. Not the best state of affairs. I don't see anyone on that team at the moment who's going to break this stagnant deadlock. Still hopeful though... 16 mins or so to go...

Might as well take a free kick where Kilbane is concerned. He 'aint gonna do any better with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Why is O'Shea still on the pitch!?

Given is God

Yep. Pity his team can't supply the same kind of class.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭joe.

91st minute. Shay Given knocks the ball in from a corner. That's the only way I can see us winning. Just after saving the team again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

If we somehow manage to rob this, I think Frei deserves a brown envelope, hes done his best to make sure the swiss dont score.

Feck Roy Keane and Damien Duff... Shay Given is Ireland's best player bar none. Brilliant save.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Come on Ireland!

Is morisson afraid of doing what every other striker finds natural? the guy has no instinct at all

He'd be a great midfielder. Holds up the ball well......

**** i though that went in! :eek:

Side net... crap... I thought that went in.

*shakes fist at tiny central European country*

... and now he's bringing on Gary Doherty... is this a GOOD THING ???

Here comes the savior. :rolleyes:

Time for the Doc. Don't know whether to be glad or cry.

• Advertisement

we're inviting them to score at the back, disgrace!

I'm crying anyway.....

Whats with th elike for like subs with 3 minutes left? he should have about 6 strikers on at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Ah well.....

yeah, shame really :(

Looks like roy's 2nd retirement will be gas his fist.

• Advertisement

All over. 0 - 0. Ireland out of the World Cup.

FECK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

:(

ah feck it, the Irish fans deserve better than this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

toothless as usual if im honest.

What about only 2 mins of stoppage time tho? Isnt it 30secs per sub (i counted 5?) and the minute or so that your man was winded. Not that it would have made a difference :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I'm living in Germany for the year and Ireland aren't gonna be here. I think I'm going to go cry in the corner for about 2 hours

• Advertisement

Yep no real surprise. We don't have a great team but yet again those who make the big decisions have no faith in our ability to play football so we end with a familiar scene, hoofing the ball at the swiss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭CrimE

Shame lads.. thats it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭joe.

Only bit of class for the Irish team was Given. Roll on "Austria and Switzerland 2008" etc..

R.I.P. Brian Kerr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Well speaking from a neutral point of view its disappointing to see that Ireland have not gone through, but on the whole they haven't deserved to get there but its a huge pity Shay Given wont be able to play in the world cup. What is kerr thinking what some of his descisions , Gary Doherty a centre half playin as a striker again. :(

...and in the night that Ireland go out of yet another major competition, England win 2 - 1 at home to Poland and progress to next year's World Cup finals in Germany. Tonight's result didn't matter to them. It did to us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

You know, I've been defending the manager up until today. Ok, so the ref was an absolute ****ing joke. Please someone tell me, why did the take keane off, and not morrison? What that was about I will never know. My guess is that he was praying for morrison to get a free kick for heart. IMO keane had a good game. Arse anyway lads, we should have done the business against Israel. :(:(:(:(:(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

I have to laugh at the fact of Kerr getting the chop as he dosent deserve it even though he makes some risque decisions like Gary Doherty, but Kerrs record is excellent.

Bard wrote:
    ...and in the night that Ireland go out of yet another major competition, England win 2 - 1 at home to Poland and progress to next year's World Cup finals in Germany. Tonight's result didn't matter to them. It did to us.

By all accounts they playe dgreat too. Surprise surprise when one of Gerrard/Lampard wasnt playing,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Brutal performance once again.

WDK wrote:
    I have to laugh at the fact of Kerr getting the chop as he dosent deserve it even though he makes some risque decisions like Gary Doherty, but Kerrs record is excellent.

No its bloody not, its terrible. Forget meaningless friendly draws against Brazil.

• Advertisement
Advertisement