Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subscriptions too dear

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Baz_ wrote:
    If there is no new blood, even though we can all admit that some of the new blood needs to **** off and die, then you go down the road to stagnation and repetition. The problem being people are predictable, and less willing to change as they grow older, so they just keep spouting the same **** over and over, and without new people coming in with their crazy new ideas we would all become very ignorant of that fact and very comfortable in our great comfy castle in the sky, those that weren't bored away that is.

I think five years of posts from various people kind of proves you wrong.

Its kind of funny going back through the old stuff. You remember the in-jokes and the incidents other funny threads but there is a lot of stuff which I have looked through and thought "OMG did I actually write that?".

People change, boards.ie changes too. There was a time when I knew everyones name by the posts I read. Now there are so many people there is easily a large percentage of people I haven't even read thier posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

CuLT wrote:
    I think you misread his post; I'm pretty sure DeV means that boards.ie can financially get by with the money from subscribers, not get by with only the participation of subscribers in the forums.
    Re-reading his post, you are right, and I apologise DeV for putting words in his mouth (note to self stop replying to serious posts at a ridiculous level of tiredness).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

D wrote:
    It's kinda like a house, you invite your mates round and some of them crash for a few days. Nobody expects to be paid but you buy them a beer or some bog-roll to express your thanks.
    Or if you can't pay, give a hand with the washing up (moderate, report bad posts, hack together something suggested in the Development forum, organise an event, respond to query-type questions with useful answers, design banner adverts for the boards-centric banners, think not what boards can do for you, but what you can do for boards :)).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Ban castor troy!

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

LOL... Ya gots ta love a cloud-by :)

DeV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement