Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Band of Brothers: Earned in Blood

Options
  • 10-10-2005 10:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

I'm probably risking a banning with this but I think it's funny!

Band of Brothers:Earned in Blood was released on Friday just gone and it's using the latest version of StarForce protection!

But, it's already been cracked! And here's the best part......

It was either Ubisoft or Gearbox that cracked it! :D

A file from the original Band of Brothers can be used to bypass the security on Earned in Blood!

Surely someone from one of these companies has to get fired today! Just makes me laugh how they spend all this money on protection and then screw it up themselves by not changing some parameters! :p

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

LOL, I hate Starforce and apparently this mistake means hackers will be able to breach all the new starforce, why cant ubi just put its customers first then protections, starforce is now and was always a virus on peoples computers and I think its something that needs to be addressed, I stupidly installed a starforce game and got a BSOD (Blue screen of death) the other day, :P Bloody starforce, I fixed it though

Nick :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

i will happily support any venture that does damage to starforce. i am totally against piracy but this malware is the biggest pile of cack in existance.

chaos theory was the last ubisoft game i bought, and will be the last until they cop on.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

jaggeh wrote:
    i will happily support any venture that does damage to starforce. i am totally against piracy but this malware is the biggest pile of cack in existance.

chaos theory was the last ubisoft game i bought, and will be the last until they cop on.
    Totally agree, Starforce itself should be illegal, bloody namco games got it (Kill.Switch), I re-installed it the other day, reboot for drivers, only then did I know it was starforce and when I booted my computer I got a BSOD error, fixed it in Safe mode (it was a virtual drive conflict I think *) but it should be banned, all UBISOFTs latest games are starforce, wasn't there a problem with cold fears protection which needed a patch to run ? I think it was starforce lol wouldnt be suprised, but if you search, all these ubisoft games are playable by download one way or another hell people couldn't care less if it involves disconnecting their cd drives to play, and the downloaded versions are played fine and the ones the customers buy are as dodgy as the downloaded versions in terms of compatibility tbh, even if you've got a powerful pc starforce may not be compatible, and the last few UBI games were hacked Sniper Elite and well, Good old earned in blood ;) LOL, soon all Staforce games will be hacked hopefully, UBI will give up and use something else protection and I'll consider buying their new games, until now :P

Nick :D

Advertisement