Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to subscribe to Boards.ie

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

ATHEANA wrote:
    now i have registered does that mean i am meant to pay.....

nope

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Deer

Lads - will ye just take a cheque? I don't have credit card / paypal / laser shagging card, I have no idea where to get that 3V thingie and to be too honest too lazy to go look for it - I'll write the cheque out now if ye leave me?:D Come on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Deer wrote:
    Lads - will ye just take a cheque? I don't have credit card / paypal / laser shagging card, I have no idea where to get that 3V thingie and to be too honest too lazy to go look for it - I'll write the cheque out now if ye leave me?:D Come on!

Are you unable to read gordon's two posts stating that paypal is the only acceptable means of subscription ? because of logistical and tracking reasons ?

Ban this insufferable fool

:p

p.s Brown envelope is in the post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Deer wrote:

Paypal is just the quicker option for boards and its easy to verify, very fast. I would gladly help you out and register for you then you could forward me the cheque but I'm currently in the US. Maybe someone else can help you out. Good luck.

Thanks Ruu. I'll ask my friend to pay for me or something like that.....

• Advertisement

Any chance i can have this for free as i a excellent boards user ?

I have ot chance it as im a pennyless student atm :/

No such thing as a free lunch (or subscription in this case). :)

better start saving them pennies then :)

I'm here with my mothers credit card in my hand trying to pay for this via paypal and it's not letting me... something to do with firefox. Can someone tell me how to allow fire fox web access?

Edited to say that I think that the paypal website itself is down. I'm now pissed off.... will try again tomorrow...!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Quick Question:

After your subscription period is over, do you still keep the @boards.ie email address?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Blackdragon

Alter-Ego wrote:
    Quick Question:

After your subscription period is over, do you still keep the @boards.ie email address?

Just to add to this how do i even go about setting up my email address.
    Thanks

I'm not sure if it is still happening or not (I think the chaps are working on it but not sure) but you can ask in the Subscribers forum, which you should have access to now.:)

Ruu wrote:
    I'm not sure if it is still happening or not (I think the chaps are working on it but not sure) but you can ask in the Subscribers forum, which you should have access to now.:)

Do you ever sleep:D

Cheers for that ill check it out

Rarely, I'm on a different timezone than the auld GMT, I'm -6 hrs behind right now. :)

Ruu wrote:
    Rarely, I'm on a different timezone than the auld GMT, I'm -6 hrs behind right now. :)

The states huh - 6 hours huh - Still kinda late:D

Aye, sleep time is right. Back to Ireland and the rain in November for a while anyway, wahay.

quick question, i have just reg'd myself, and i told a friend i would do it for her too. how does this work, as if i remember when i signed up all i did was click how longi wanted it, enter my password for paypall and bang, all done.

Do i have to log in as her ? then go through all the same again ?

yep, thats how you do it.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,726 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

The recurring subscription will be charged to your account now, so make sure you collect your dues from her from here on in.

recurring was turned off. So says the sub forum anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,726 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Yeah, but I don't think that's true. Have a look at your paypal receipt or something, because it seems to automatically renew for people who initially subscribed within the last year or so. Old school subscribers have to renew every so often.

I'm not 100% on this, all I know is that my subscription renews itself automatically, and it appears that others who subbed after me have the same issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

can i change get my name changed now that im subscribing? wasnt actually gonna hang around long but kinda got hooked... so didnt have the insight to choose a proper name..!

Yeah you can request the name change by posting in the Helpdesk I believe.

you have to keep your name now, everyone knows you as jules80.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

#Elites wrote:
    me thinks we should add more "goodies" for subsribers!

Has there been any update on this?

^ Free WIFI router right now. :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Can anyone tell me does the subscriber option allow you to have an animated avatar?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

i'm pretty sure animations are frowned upon still.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

So... Now that I've given Boards.ie my money, what's the next step? :)

Does it take a few days before I get a mail saying "Congratulations! Click here to sign in as a subscriber!", or does it take effect immediately?

Thanks!

Oh, and for the record, the only reason I'm subscribing is because I think Boards really is an incredible website (take the time to actually stop and think about it) and maybe we take it a little for granted sometimes! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Did you go into your user cp and click on the group memberships link to see if your suscriber option is there?

Advertisement