Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to subscribe to Boards.ie

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

Done & Done. And check me out with my fancy coloured-y stars ;)

Now all I need is that username change and I'm all set! (Posted it in the Helpdesk forum)

Cheers, Beruthiel. Maybe I missed it first time around, but I had no idea I had to "join" the subscription membership group after paying. Perhaps this could be a bit clearer at the beginning of this thread? Unless I simply missed it myself, of course!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Hmm time to subscribe me thinks:)

Where is my CC gone...

/goes looking.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

If Liverpool win the champions league a name change will be required for me.....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

What do you mean "if"? :D

*crosses fingers*

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

After your subscription has run out... what happens to your email address?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I would imagine you still keep the email address, not 100% sure though.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

What about searching by posts?

I always forget where I asked questions and cannot get my posts via my profile. It is a big board so it can be annoying not being able to search your own posts.

The main search feature was turned off while the adminstrators figure out the speed problems. Hopefully it will return soon (some features have already returned but not search..yet), keep an eye on the Feedback forum for further developments. Look here for an alternative for now.

Indeed it is a big site and the software (vBulletin) wasn't built to cope with this many users I don't think so the admins have to work on it a fair bit and do some tweaking every now and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

Can you change ur username if you subscribe

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Yup, it may take a few days as the admins are pretty busy and they are the only ones who can change a username but they will change it for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭mjquinno

trying to subscribe - will paypal take laser anyone know?
    thanks m - wohoo 200 post by 2012 will have 400

You have to use a credit card to setup a Paypal account, Laser won't work. Pretty worthless outside Ireland as far as I know.

People who wish to subscribe can now use a 3v card if they don't have a credit card. Instructions are here for adding 3v to Paypal.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Is there any chance of accepting Laser for subs?? It seems like it would be handy for a good few people to subscribe. I know I would if it accepted laser.

Not that I am aware of, it would require boards to setup a payment system that can use Laser and probably cost money. Paypal seems to be doing the trick for many users and they can now add 3v to Paypal, it makes things easier also. You can get a mate sub for you and have them let one of the admins know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

If I subscribe for just three months, do I get to keep the stars afterwards? Don't care about the other features (though I may want a name change sometime), but the stars are all important.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Exit wrote: »
    If I subscribe for just three months, do I get to keep the stars afterwards? Don't care about the other features (though I may want a name change sometime), but the stars are all important.
    No.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Velvet Vocals

RuggieBear wrote: »
    nope but if you transfer your money to me i can use my credit card to subscribe you. Seriously.

I've subscribed Hagar and HavoK this way.

Hey, are you still doing this? I'd like to to subscribe but I only have a lazor card.

You could try using a 3v card with Paypal if RuggieBear doesn't see this and get back to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Hey, are you still doing this? I'd like to to subscribe but I only have a lazor card.

Sorry not at the moment. Just got rid of my credit card for the time being

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Velvet Vocals

Thanks anyway Ruggie. I'll take a look a this 3V thing instead.
    Cheers,

SS

Hi guys,
    I've been meaning to subscribe for a while. How can it be done by laser or bank transfer? Could someone pm me?

Cheers

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I subscribe through paypal.

KaG1888 wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    I've been meaning to subscribe for a while. How can it be done by laser or bank transfer? Could someone pm me?

Cheers
    Paypal is the only method at the moment afaik. You could use a 3v?

I'll have a gander ,

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

ive decided to make a subsciption but i only have lazer any help would be much appreciated thanks:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭kittensoft1984

davey180 wrote: »
    ive decided to make a subsciption but i only have lazer any help would be much appreciated thanks:D

i thought you were leaving??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

i thought you were leaving??
    nope im staying and loving it:p

• Advertisement

davey180 wrote: »
    3v

Advertisement