Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to subscribe to Boards.ie

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

Sherifu;55912596 3v
    3v card?
    Where can i get these cards
    thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

davey180 wrote: »
    3v card?
    Where can i get these cards
    thanks.
    www.3v.ie

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I've just subscribed.... Nothing has changed...
    Does someone have to flick a switch manually or something?
    When will I get my subscriber benefits anyone?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Zascar wrote: »
    I've just subscribed.... Nothing has changed...
    Does someone have to flick a switch manually or something?
    When will I get my subscriber benefits anyone?
    Go here (http://boards.ie/vbulletin/profile.php?do=editusergroups) and drop yourself into the subscriber usergroup. That will give you the red stars and italicised username.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

just subscribed but noticed that the subscribers option is not in my group subscribers in my user cp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Lads i'm trying to subscribe at the moment but i'm getting a "This payment cannot be funded with a credit card at this time." message when I try to pay using the link in post #1.

I think its something to do with my location (Middle East) and the way the internet is set up here. (Because I get this on most sites whe nI try to pay with paypal) Is there any way you could provide me the relevant details so I can forward the payment myself from within Paypal ? or am I just shit out of luck ?

c - 13 wrote: »
    Lads i'm trying to subscribe at the moment but i'm getting a "This payment cannot be funded with a credit card at this time." message when I try to pay using the link in post #1.

I think its something to do with my location (Middle East) and the way the internet is set up here. (Because I get this on most sites whe nI try to pay with paypal) Is there any way you could provide me the relevant details so I can forward the payment myself from within Paypal ? or am I just shit out of luck ?
    PM Vexorg and arrange to pay manually to admin@boards.ie I guess.

The last time I subbed:

"This email confirms that you have paid Boards.ie Limited (admin@boards.ie) using PayPal."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Sherifu wrote: »
    PM Vexorg and arrange to pay manually to admin@boards.ie I guess.

The last time I subbed:

"This email confirms that you have paid Boards.ie Limited (admin@boards.ie) using PayPal."

Sweet, cheers. Ill drop him a PM now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭utick

ya may keep ur grubby paws off my money

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Just subscribed.how do i change my name

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Go into the subscribers forum and post a thread there with the request.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

I've tried to subscribe to boards using my brothers credit card, but it won't work. It's frustrating, and a serious pain in the fúcking ass. any body possibly know why I can't use another credit card to register?

nummnutts wrote: »
    I've tried to subscribe to boards using my brothers credit card, but it won't work. It's frustrating, and a serious pain in the fúcking ass. any body possibly know why I can't use another credit card to register?
    You are trying to add his card to Paypal? (As far as i'm aware you can only sub using paypal at the moment)

Sherifu wrote: »
    You are trying to add his card to Paypal? (As far as i'm aware you can only sub using paypal at the moment)

Please excuse my stupidity, but what do you mean by sub?

nummnutts wrote: »
    Please excuse my stupidity, but what do you mean by sub?
    Subscribe. Serves me right for being lazy.

What are you trying to do exactly?

Subscribe at http://boards.ie/vbulletin/payments.php ?

That's what I was trying to do. Just wasn't working. :(

Could you explain where it isn't working?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I recently subscribed for anotherposter and would be willing to do so again for people (obviously dependant on having an idea who they are!). I got sent a bank draft as payment last time so it was handy for everyone involved.

Problem resolved. Haven't used my paypal account in years, and forgot I had to ad a credit card to my account before I use it. Wheneber I've used a credit card before I've just had to enter the details and I'd be away. :o

Cheers anyway folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Ok to use someone elses' card? (No I didn't steal one.. :P) Like I, being a poor student, don't want to be tempted to buy everything by having my own card.. Like I'd be using a family member's card (they approve etc..) .. I just want to make sure because I don't understand the rules of this subscribing lark (yes, I've been here a few years, please don't laugh :o)..

Edit: it appears someone else did just that, so I'm assuming it's allowed.. Ignore this.. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

Does it have to be PayPal?

To be honest, I've no idea how to use PayPal.

Can it just be a credit card or 3v Visa Voucher thing?

Edit: Actually I clicked the pay thing and it asks for card details.. is it just where you enter the details of the mastercard/3v like normal and that's it? Or do I need paypay? ( Which I have, somewhere! )

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

I just entered the card details and it worked fine.

SteveC wrote: »
    I just entered the card details and it worked fine.

How will they know it's from you? When does your account get changed to subscribed?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Chatmaster wrote: »
    How will they know it's from you? When does your account get changed to subscribed?
    They know it's you because you're logged in when you start it.
    I assume you're going here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/payments.php

If you've any doubts or hesitations, I would suggest either posting in help desk or sending a PM to Vexorg or CuLT.

As soon as I subbed, the features were available immediately.

Edit:
    If you have already subbed, go here to change to subscriber group. You don't have to change group for the extra features though.

I've done the cheapest to see if I've done it right. :o

forumsforumsjm5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

Yeah it has worked.

So last night I learned I didn't have to have anything to do with PayPal lol.

I thought I had to put money into PayPal and send it on to Boards.ie

Learned something new! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

If your subscription runs out, what happens to your custom avatar? Do you get to keep it or does it revert back to what you were using before?

Also, since you don't get to keep the stars after it runs out, will I presume the same thing happens with that little message thing below your name?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Ah well. Thanks anyway

Advertisement