Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to subscribe to Boards.ie

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Actually, now that I think of it, how come if you change your username, it stays the same after your subscription runs out, but the same isn't applied to custom avatars?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

I guess because changing your username is something only admins can do.
    It's not really a subscriber feature as such - more that they only do it for subscribers (or regular users if you get CuLT drunk at a beers!) :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Hey just subscribed for the first time. Purely because I had some money left on a 3v voucher. Is there a way to just donate the remnants of a 3v voucher to boards.ie as opposed to just letting it expire?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

I have never seen this possibility. I am trying to avoid having PayPall, because I would spend all my money on e-bay. Who shall I contact to ask for assistance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

ThOnda wrote: »
    I have never seen this possibility. I am trying to avoid having PayPall, because I would spend all my money on e-bay. Who shall I contact to ask for assistance?
    Vexorg

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Hi guys,

We would like to take out a subscription but have a problem in that we dont have a card linked to our paypal account which is being asked for as a security check on the way in to pay for subscriptions.

Is there a direct paypal address and a way an admin can manually turn us on to subscribed. :)

Gamesnash

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

i'd like to subscribe but dont have a cc just laser, does anyone still do the sub on behalf of another member

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

yeah i ordered one last night but want everythin yesterday lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Hi Mod

With the greatest respect, how do we know what we are buying if we cannot see the goods so to speak. Can we get a preview for 30 days or something like that????

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Hi, Joey the lips.

Not sure exactly what you're asking but all the details can be found here:
    http://www.boards.ie/subscribers.php

Hi guys,

We would like to take out a subscription but have a problem in that we dont have a card linked to our paypal account which is being asked for as a security check on the way in to pay for subscriptions.

Is there a direct paypal address and a way an admin can manually turn us on to subscribed. :)

Gamesnash

Got an email notification of a reply to this thread so will bump my question while I'm here :)

Hi Gamesnash.ie, is using a 3V voucher not a possibility?

Steve wrote: »
    Hi Gamesnash.ie, is using a 3V voucher not a possibility?

Thanks for the suggestion.

In theory yes - in practicallity it's a pain in the ass :) we have a company paypal account already which is fully accountable etc. We can look at a 3V voucher out of petty cash alright but it would be an awful lot handier to send a payment direct than to go out of way to purchase the 3V credit.

Still it's a valid option !

Ah, I see what you mean.

In theory there should be no reason you can't transfer directly to boards paypal account once you have credit in your own.
    I'm guessing what you are saying is the vBulletin software is looking for the CC number rather than paypal?

It might be worth posting your question in helpdesk as it is more likely to grab the attention of an admin who could sort it for you (I'm not saying they can, I'm gust guessing).

Vexorg used to deal with all of this and normally I'd suggest you PM him about it but he's recently moved on from boards and I'm not sure who is looking after it now.

It's actually at paypal - we don't have a credit card linked to our account at all. As for funds there's significant funds in the account at any time. The board here sets up a subscription ( even as a once off payment for some reason ) which paypal demand a credit card linked to the account to activate. We don't have a linked credit card so we're stuck in limbo :)

I'm actually not sure if paypal would even allow a 3V card come to think of it as that's not an indefinitely chargable card.

( that is a 3v card for a subscription - i know they take them elsewhere )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

when you click on Order in your Paid Subscriptions on your available subscriptions, then order using PP, it will give you a Paypal log in screen. On the left of that screen (beside your log in details) you can hit continue, which will allow you to fill in a cc info there.

This might be able to help you.
    though if you have that credit card on a different PP account it might throw up errors.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭InisMor

Can I unsubscribe at anytime?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

InisMor wrote: »
    Yup. If you set it up as a recurring subscription (this will resubscribe you when the subscription you have runs out) then you can cancel it. If you don't have a recurring subscription, you don't need to cancel it as it will be canceled once it runs out. If you have a problem trying to cancel then post in the helpdesk and the admins, community managers or developer will help you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭InisMor

Yup. If you set it up as a recurring subscription (this will resubscribe you when the subscription you have runs out) then you can cancel it. If you don't have a recurring subscription, you don't need to cancel it as it will be canceled once it runs out. If you have a problem trying to cancel then post in the helpdesk and the admins, community managers or developer will help you out.

thanks.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,502 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

InisMor wrote: »

Dont do it!! It will be like the no homers club! Once you've seen the magic of subscriberness, you will need a constant fix :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 dublintimmy

Am I the only one who thinks that boards.ie is a bit of a rip off. I wanted to join this site so I could read about gay and lesbian issues. The first ever category I click on is Sex and Sexuality (because, stupidly, there is no 'gay and lesbian' category) and what do I get? 50 euro please for the privilege - that's what I call 2009 Ireland Cowen Rip Off.
    How do I unsubsribe - or isn't that an option?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

A lot of people asked about this. There is a solution: sign up to http://www.entropay.com/ , where you can get pre-paid virtual Visa (Electron*) cards. You can "top-up" your virtual Visa card using funds transfered from your bank to the Entropay bank.

They charge a 3.95% service fee, but if you subscribe for a year instead of 12 individual months that fee will be negated ;) Just hit the website to find out more. You dont need a credit card to use this service.

*Visa Electron cards are Visa Debit cards. They are accepted in most online shops, and are not liable to the €5 fee Ryanair charges you when booking flights.

The difference with Visa Electron is that when the shop takes your card details it checks your balance to make sure you have the funds available - if you dont the transaction wont go through.

There is a difference by the way between Visa Debit card and Halifax Debit card that works as a Visa. With the latter one can actually go into credit - the fees are huge though.

Well folks, I think thats about all the semi-useless information for today...

/heads for wikipedia random page

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭nodolan

Hey Ruggie are you still accepting payments to subscribe people? I have a credit card but I had a dispute with PayPal after their server timed out every single time I tried to upload proof of identity and eventually I told them to go f**k themselves plus my credit card has an extra security option that PayPal doesn't work with (where you use an extra code for online transactions).

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Caoltan

I'm sorry, but this is one of the reasons I'm not a frequent member here. Plenty of other forums may ask for donations but do not restrict access based on willingness to pay.

I'm staying on Zoklet.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Access isn't restricted anywhere on any basis. You have free access to all of the public forums and that hasn't (and will never) changed.

If you're referring to the Sex & Sexuality forum, that's a private forum. There are tonnes (hundreds even) of private forums on boards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

I just subscribed and I don't have any funky stars :mad:

Advertisement