Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to subscribe to Boards.ie

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Been meaning to subscribe for a while, but no credit card or paypal. Any way I can work it to pay by laser?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

I just thought to myself, Ive been on boards a while and got a lot from it, Id like to subscribe.
    What a pity it was to learn you dont accept credit cards. Setting up paypal takes time, it takes 2 days to transfer money into a paypal a/c iirc and paypal like to take excessive comission on transactions.

Can you not set up a quicker, more user friendly way to subscribe?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Paypal lets you pay via credit card without having to set up an account.

When go to order your subscription, you're prompted to log in to paypal. But on the left you'll see a bit of text:
    Don't have a PayPal account?
    Use your credit card or bank account (where available)
    with a link to go that route.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭biscuits1981

what about pay safe can u do it that way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 harry tylend

Dats bul****

im a gay parent and have found it very hard to voice my opinions on this backward inward thinkin homophobic site-im reportin you to David Norris

If found guilty........................David has a free shot at ya

Harry xx:cool:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,571 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Just a few questions..?
    If I change my name while subscribed does it change back if I unsubscribe?
    Would I have to have the red stars under my name or are they optional?
    Can I subscribe for 6 months or is it yearly?

Thanks. :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Caderyn wrote: »
    If I change my name while subscribed does it change back if I unsubscribe?
    No.
    Would I have to have the red stars under my name or are they optional?
    They're optional. You can turn them on and off as much as you like.
    Can I subscribe for 6 months or is it yearly?

You can subscribe for 1 month, 3 months, 1 year. Don't know about 6 months but I think you can. Either way just subscribe for 3 months and sub again when that expires. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

How does one subscribe someone else?

• Advertisement

the_syco wrote: »

From your own PayPal? From what I've read it's not currently possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

the_syco wrote: »
    One way would be to get them to log in, you subscribe them using your paypal. They give you the cash.

That'd be if you are in the same place, otherwise you'd be trusting the other with passwords which you may or may not want to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

What's the minimum subscription fee? :cool:

What's the minimum subscription fee? :cool:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/payments.php

€5

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

If i won the euro millions, would you accept a cheque for 100 million?
    anyway, its about time i subscribed, i just need to bloody find that credit card of mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭tbaymusicman

Can i still be banned if i subscribe or do i get a refund :P

Can i still be banned if i subscribe or do i get a refund :P
    Diplomatic Immunity?

It's just been revoked!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭tbaymusicman

God dam it so close :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 ladyinwaiting

What is going on?? I want to post a topic, but I have to pay for it??:confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

No, you don't have to pay. Only if you want the extra options such as customer avatars, taglines and name-changes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

You don't need to be a subscriber to start a thread or reply to one.

To start a thread go to the forum you want to post in and select this button: newthread.gif

Full FAQ here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

If I subscribe, can I upload my own personal avatar that I made on photoshop?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Boxfresh wrote: »
    If I subscribe, can I upload my own personal avatar that I made on photoshop?
    Yes, you can - as long as it's not animated and isn't bigger than the maximum allowed (the size of Mr Magnolia's above.)

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭7Steve

Ok since I am being ignored, I think I'll have to post this in a few places:

Hello, Im sorry, but i can't seem to post a new thread anywhere. I'm sorry I have to ask here, but it's kind of annoying. Whenever I try, the new thread screen come up and I can type everything in but the box is greyed out. Whenever I choose "submit new thread", it tells me I need to write "at least 1 character". I can't ask the help thread, simply because I can't post.

Same thing happens when I want to PM someone or when I click the "post reply button". All I can do is "quick reply"

7Steve wrote: »
    Ok since I am being ignored, I think I'll have to post this in a few places:

Hello, Im sorry, but i can't seem to post a new thread anywhere. I'm sorry I have to ask here, but it's kind of annoying. Whenever I try, the new thread screen come up and I can type everything in but the box is greyed out. Whenever I choose "submit new thread", it tells me I need to write "at least 1 character". I can't ask the help thread, simply because I can't post.

Same thing happens when I want to PM someone or when I click the "post reply button". All I can do is "quick reply"

Spamming your question everywhere isn't going to help your case, Steve. I'll post in Help Desk for you, OK?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Caoltan

Why the hell would anyone pay for a "priveledge" like this when discussion like this can be seen and commented on on many many other online forums where no donation is necessary?

Donations should be acts of kindness to help something. Paying for a priveledge is different.

And as for the censorship on these forums? ****ing rediculous.

Hear hear!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Caoltan wrote: »
    Why the hell would anyone pay for a "priveledge" like this when discussion like this can be seen and commented on on many many other online forums where no donation is necessary?

Donations should be acts of kindness to help something. Paying for a priveledge is different.

And as for the censorship on these forums? ****ing rediculous.
    People do it as a means of saying thanks.
    The benefits or subscribing aren't huge, only enough to let other users know that you've done it.

You don't *have* to use the site y'know, if you don't like the way it's run then the internet is that way
    >
    There's bound to be some place you'll like :)
    Sherifu wrote: »
    Hear hear!
    :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭newmills

Hi lads,

I subscribed a few days ago using my paypal account. The money has come out of my bank account but i'm not getting any groups to join by following the instructions from the posts over the last 11 pages. Can anyone help or shed some light on this?
    Cheers.

Advertisement