Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to subscribe to Boards.ie

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

newmills wrote: »
    Hi lads,

I subscribed a few days ago using my paypal account. The money has come out of my bank account but i'm not getting any groups to join by following the instructions from the posts over the last 11 pages. Can anyone help or shed some light on this?
    Cheers.
    What do you see here?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

newmills wrote: »
    Hi lads,

I subscribed a few days ago using my paypal account. The money has come out of my bank account but i'm not getting any groups to join by following the instructions from the posts over the last 11 pages. Can anyone help or shed some light on this?
    Cheers.
    Hmmm, you're not showing in the subscribers list.

Best options are to either start a thread on help-desk or drop a pm to one of the community managers - Dav or Darragh.
    Subscribing is normally instant so something must have gone wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

I subscribed to boards over a month ago for 1 month so I could change my avatar. Now that my subscription has ended, my avatar has also disappeared. I thought I'd get to keep my avatar??

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Boxfresh wrote: »
    I subscribed to boards over a month ago for 1 month so I could change my avatar. Now that my subscription has ended, my avatar has also disappeared. I thought I'd get to keep my avatar??
    No you don't unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Hey,

I know in the first post back in 06 paypal was the only way to subscribe. Is this still the case?

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭_JOE_

Hey,

I know in the first post back in 06 paypal was the only way to subscribe. Is this still the case?

Thanks.

I want to ask the same question. Further, if i change my username, will this stay permanent if my subscription id for a few months?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Tallaght Saint

Why can't it just be available to over 18's?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Because that would do away with half the mods....:D

Seriously that would be an interesting on to try and administrate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

why not over 18 and a half ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Where do I ask to have my username changed?

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

eVeNtInE wrote: »
    Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

how can i change the colour of my stars?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

how can i change the colour of my stars?

Did you get sorted, I see they're now red?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 miaowmiaow

This subcription idea implies sex really does sell, has anybody else picked up on that? Strange... In some ways it is good to restrict threads of a ''sexual'' nature, however this ''catholic state'' obviously still has influence as far as I see. Hmmm...

As for 3v cards, they're great! However if you want a refund for whatever reason it takes 10 working days- 2 weeks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

How do I do it with a 3V card?

I don't have a Paypal account....

Edit: Nevermind I managed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

miaowmiaow wrote: »
    This subcription idea implies sex really does sell, has anybody else picked up on that? Strange... In some ways it is good to restrict threads of a ''sexual'' nature, however this ''catholic state'' obviously still has influence as far as I see. Hmmm...

Boards.ie website has members from the have on 13 upwards, making the sex and sexuality restricted access was the only way the admins would permit for the forum to be created. Access is linked to subscription as a way to try and ensure only adults have access rather then as a selling point for subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Quick question,
    If I subscribe for one month (Euro 5) ask/get my username changed/cutom avatar and so forth, will it change back after the month is up?
    Hope thats not a stupid question, I'm sort of regreting my username now. :(
    eVeNtInE wrote: »

Opps, found my answer, thanks anyway. Think I'll subscribe now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

If I subscribe for just one month, am I entitled to the use of a bmail email address?
    And if so, do I only have access to it for the duration of my subscription? I don't want to commit to anything longer than a one-month subscription at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

i came across a post that says boards have hundreds of private fora. you have whetted my curiosity now....i see some in linked under others usernames that sound interesting, but when i click on them i get told i dont have access.

do i have to subscribe to find them? or is it invite?
    if i subscribe, does access to these become automatic, or do i have to beg nicely:D
    can i see a list somewhere of the fora names?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Unfortunately there's no list - private forums (not all) are mainly set up by groups of friends or clubs to chat about stuff so they're invite only.

I'm in one or two of them but as you say, there are hundreds.

Subscribing gives you access to the subscribers forum (which, in fairness is pretty boring) and the famous Sharpshooters lounge (which can get interesting at times ;)) and also to the Sex and sexuality forum it that's your thing..
    Subscribing is in no way an 'access all areas pass' if that's what you're asking :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

What happened to my funky coloured stars? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭The_Joker

Berkut wrote: »

I'll second that emotion

Berkut wrote: »
    The_Joker wrote: »
    I'll second that emotion
    You're both still listed as subscribers.

Are you set to show as a subscriber here?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭The_Joker

Steve wrote: »
    You're both still listed as subscribers.

Are you set to show as a subscriber here?

*Ahem whistles to hide stupidity* :o

Thanks Steve :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

lol..thanks Steven..never even saw that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

I'm registered and looking to edit my username from 'kerbdog' to 'KeRbDoG'
    The help search thingy only said yea needed to be registered.

A little help please :)

Update: Found that folks posted in the Subs forum for name changes and I've done likewise

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭NoseyMike2010

How do you access the sex & sexuality area???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

How do you access the sex & sexuality area???

Carefully (its always wise to protect yourself)

Advertisement