Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to subscribe to Boards.ie

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

is there anyway to pay by laser?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

pmcmahon wrote: »
    is there anyway to pay by laser?

Not at the moment, but if you wanted to, you could use a 3V card, works just like a credit card.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭liammur

Was considering subscribing, having 2nd thoughts now tho after being threatened by An Citeog of being banned for:

calling kilkenny a 'dirty' team (apparently very offensive)

advising a girl that there could be dirtballs on the terrace, so the stand might be better to watch a match

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭RockinRolla

Do you have to pay money to get into this forum?!

lulz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭ailbheonolan

I'm kinda shocked that sex and sexuality are both restricted. I fully understand why sex is restricted but sexuality is an inherent trait, often present from birth and should not be treated like something that is taboo. Discussions on sexuality need not be discussions about sex, they are not one and the same. There may be young people on here wishing to speak out about their sexuality in a safe and anonymous way and not feel as though they should hide this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

It is being reviewed atm

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056019908

There is also an LGBT forum, fetishes are part of a person's sexuality.

liammur wrote: »
    Was considering subscribing, having 2nd thoughts now tho after being threatened by An Citeog of being banned for:

calling kilkenny a 'dirty' team (apparently very offensive)

advising a girl that there could be dirtballs on the terrace, so the stand might be better to watch a match

Subscribing does not protecting you from being banned and none of the mods are staff.

If you have an issue with the ban then you can appeal it. Here is the how to
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055749888

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ordinary_girl

How/where do I request a username change now that I've subscribed?

In the subscribers forum which you should see in the system menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

How/where do I request a username change now that I've subscribed?

You will find the thread in Newbies & FAQ

Thaedydal wrote: »
    In the subscribers forum which you should see in the system menu.

If the OP is using Beta skin the subscribers forum doesn't show up in the system menu Thaedydal, only as what I've posted above.

I only know that because I use Beta, the OP might be using it too, so I thought I'd post that info as a back up to your reply.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 bingowon

Hi it's important topic...frist i will saw solution then i tell you...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,571 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

How do you know when your subscription is due to expire?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Posy wrote: »
    How do you know when your subscription is due to expire?
    It should say so here. :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,571 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Brill, thanks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Is it possible to subs someone else? :confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

bluewolf wrote: »
    Is it possible to subs someone else? :confused:
    AFAIK, no it's not.

This came up before and a 'gift' sub was talked about but I don't think anything ever came of it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

I wanna subscribe but don't have a credit card :(

I don't wanna get those 3V ones as I have had nowt but hassle with them!

AFAIK you don't need one any more. You can link paypal to your bank account and do it that way. Not 100% sure if it works outside of the USA though.

Can't see that option :(

It takes 2 weeks for a 3V card to come out!!!

• Advertisement

Misticles wrote: »
    It takes 2 weeks for a 3V card to come out!!!

You have 5 options that I can see:

1) 3V
    2) Wirecard
    3) Prepaid Mastercard
    4) Ulster Bank Visa Debit card
    5) PayPal top up.

Re#4: All you have to do is open a current account.
    Re#5: Click "My Account" and then "Top Up Account". You basically make a transfer to a PayPal account and they then credit it to your PayPal balance. Hope this is some help!

I registered for that Wirecard!

Misticles wrote: »
    I registered for that Wirecard!

Wirecard can be a bit of a pain to set up. They charge €1 per deposit. To deposit funds you need to make an international money transfer to their German account. It's best done by internet banking and I transfer using BOI's 365online. It takes a few days for the deposit to show up in your account also. For example I transferred money on Monday and it showed up today.

I remember having to verify my account a few years back too. I needed to fill out a form and get it endorsed by a solicitor and send it back to them. Not sure if they're still doing this as it was a long time ago.

HELP!! I made a bit of a prat of myself subscribing! Here's what happened: I took out a one month subscription on the 22 of October that would obviously run out on 22nd of this month. I'm just after paying for a three month subscription. I thought it would add on or top up to the 22nd of this month meaning I had until the 22nd of February. Unfortunately the three months has started from now! :o:o

I feel silly. Can it be adjusted so that the three months start from the end of my current subscription please? Or can I be refunded so that I can wait until the 22nd to subscribe for three months then? Please help! I feel more a prat than anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

HELP!! I made a bit of a prat of myself subscribing! Here's what happened: I took out a one month subscription on the 22 of October that would obviously run out on 22nd of this month. I'm just after paying for a three month subscription. I thought it would add on or top up to the 22nd of this month meaning I had until the 22nd of February. Unfortunately the three months has started from now! :o:o

I feel silly. Can it be adjusted so that the three months start from the end of my current subscription please? Or can I be refunded so that I can wait until the 22nd to subscribe for three months then? Please help! I feel more a prat than anything.

I did the exact same thing - was told to email hello@boards.ie - did it over 1 week ago but never get a reply. Zaph even re-forwarded to the Admins but to no avail. I think il just have to live with it :(

KeithM89 wrote: »
    I did the exact same thing - was told to email hello@boards.ie - did it over 1 week ago but never get a reply. Zaph even re-forwarded to the Admins but to no avail. I think il just have to live with it :(
    I wouldn't worry guys, they're normally pretty good at sorting this out (not the first time it's happened).

I guarantee that you won't lose out in any way. :)

(if it doesn't get rectified, post back here and I'll have a rant at the admins on your behalf ;))

Steve wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry guys, they're normally pretty good at sorting this out (not the first time it's happened).

I guarantee that you won't lose out in any way. :)

(if it doesn't get rectified, post back here and I'll have a rant at the admins on your behalf ;))

I sent an email to hello@boards.ie. Even if it doesn't get sorted at least the few quid is going to a good cause. Just wish I had known that subscriptions run concurrently and not consecutively.

I sent an email to hello@boards.ie. Even if it doesn't get sorted at least the few quid is going to a good cause. Just wish I had known that subscriptions run concurrently and not consecutively.
    OK, I've found out that the admins don't deal with this, the Community Managers do so I've left a post in their forum alerting them to this.
    Dav or Darragh will deal with it when they get a chance. :)

Steve wrote: »
    OK, I've found out that the admins don't deal with this, the Community Managers do so I've left a post in their forum alerting them to this.
    Dav or Darragh will deal with it when they get a chance. :)
    I got a refund today from Darragh after emailing that address so I'm sorted thanks!

• Advertisement

Cool, Glad you got sorted. :)

Advertisement