Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to subscribe to Boards.ie

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

WHAT!!! - i didnt get sorted and i mailed them over a week ago :(:(

BOO-URNS :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

I mentioned that fact in the thread - try mailing them again if you want, I know that Dav was away last week so may not have seen it.

Cool - thanks for your help :)

Don't know what happened but when I logged in today I was just an ordinary registered user. I had to rejoin the subscriber's group in my control panel. Also the text under my avatar had reverted to "subscriber". Just wondering if it was something I did or if others suffered the same problem? :)

Ok, now im peed off :o - 2 emails, 2 threads and a forward from a mod and still no reply - subscription is up very soon and it doesnt look like its getting sorted - bad times :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Really sorry to hear that Keith, I haven't had a reply either :o.

Steve wrote: »
    Really sorry to hear that Keith, I haven't had a reply either :o.

Thanks for the effort anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Hope this is the right place to ask.

If I subscribe can my avatar be a gif image or does have to be a still jpg?

Tks :)

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Hope this is the right place to ask.

If I subscribe can my avatar be a gif image or does have to be a still jpg?

Tks :)

They don't allow animated signatures so I doubt they'd allow an animated gif as an avatar. I've never seen one here anyway. So that's a No!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

They don't allow animated signatures so I doubt they'd allow an animated gif as an avatar. I've never seen one here anyway. So that's a No!

Thought so myself :)

Just out of curiosity, why are animated signatures/gifs not allowed?

• Advertisement

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Thought so myself :)

Just out of curiosity, why are animated signatures/gifs not allowed?

I think I remember reading somewhere that DeVore saw a forum littered with animated gifs and thought it resembled a twitching junkie or something like that. Basically I think it's because they're too distracting. I'm open to correction though!

:edit: here is the thread/post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

Sorry, I have NO idea what's going on here.

Keith, can you PM me please?

I'll try get to the bottom of this. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 NewGrad

Hi,

I use www.boards.ie quite a bit and have started using
    www.askaboutmoney.ie too.
    Is www.askaboutmoney.ie affiliated with boards.ie?

Also are there any other good online forums/boards/chat sites in Ireland?

Sorted - thanks darragh :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Managed it!
    Just a suggestion.....
    An option to change the colour of the 4 stars once you become a subscriber... :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,571 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Misticles wrote: »
    Just a suggestion.....
    An option to change the colour of the 4 stars once you become a subscriber... :D
    That is a great idea! :D

+1 - please let us change the colour of the stars!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ks84

hi every1..

im moving to london and am trying to find a job b4 i go over..does any1 knw any make up artist recruitment agencies?

ks84 wrote: »
    hi every1..

im moving to london and am trying to find a job b4 i go over..does any1 knw any make up artist recruitment agencies?
    No but I'd love to know why you decided to ask this by posting a reply here?

Seriously.

Good luck with finding a job by the way :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭supermilk1

Hello! please excuse my innocence but can someone let me know why it would be worth my while subscribing to this? theres no doubt about it I would be intrigued to see whats in the sex and sexuality thread and what its all about. Is it similar to a dating site or hook up site or what?!I'd like to think it is:D!stop laughing at me!! thanks

My subscription ran out two days ago. I thought that the custom avatar I uploaded would remain but I would lose the stars. When I go to "Edit Avatar" the avatar is there but it's not showing on my posts. Am I posting in the right place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Fisheh

nice

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Can anyone tell me,if I subscribe and change my username, will my username revert back to the original when my subscription expires?

Can anyone tell me,if I subscribe and change my username, will my username revert back to the original when my subscription expires?
    I'm not 100% sure but I seriously doubt it. Can anyone else confirm?

I'm not 100% sure but I seriously doubt it. Can anyone else confirm?
    Yeah, i thought as much. I basially want to change my username to remove some of my full name. Didn't think it through all those years ago when I made this account. Want to change it to something like briank666, or one of my other usernames that I use on other sites.

It doesnt change back when it runs out, youll be fine

Thanks for that.
    /goes off to subscribe.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

Boardsdeals can be paid for with a lazer card, why can't boards subscriptions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭seanob43

Hey,
    Is there any way to pay via PayPal without having to link a credit card?I don't need one for eBay and I'm surprised I need one for this.Any help?

Advertisement