Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broadband in waterford

• 10-10-2005 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi,

Im thinking about getting broadband in waterford but dont know which package would be the best to go with. im not looking for anything too amazing with regards to connection speed or cap. my main concern is with the contract. as im only a student here, i dont really want to do the whole 12 month thing so im wondering if any of the ISP's have a package that is contract free? if not do any of them have a buyout clause as such?

cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 72 ✭✭MrMagoo

Hiya,

My friend got Irish BB ripwave the other day and says its great. It only costs 18.95 a month and there is no contract :D

Only thing though is that it depends where you live. She lives on the quay and service is perfect. I live on cork rd, near WIT and was told by Irish BB I couldn't have it. Worth calling them and they will tell you over the phone if your address is covered. Looks like very city centre only though.

In saying that, she is bringing the ripwave thingy to my house on wed evening so I can try it for a signal. Will let you know if what happens.

Magoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Legend_Killer

cheers, would be most appreciated!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

The Irish Broadband transmitter in Waterford is located on top of the Ard Rì hotel. If you have LOS (line of sight) of the hotel then you should be able to get good service on Irish Broadband.

At this time I would recommend NTL who are currently in the process of rolling out in Waterford. Email them @ Customer.Support@ntl.ie to see if you can get it in your area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

At this time I would recommend NTL who are currently in the process of rolling out in Waterford. Email them @ Customer.Support@ntl.ie to see if you can get it in your area.

You have to sign up for 12 months with ntl - the OP is looking for no/a short-term contract.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Although it has a contract NTL is really your best bet for decent service, ask them about what happens if you move etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 72 ✭✭MrMagoo

MrMagoo wrote:
    In saying that, she is bringing the ripwave thingy to my house on wed evening so I can try it for a signal. Will let you know if what happens.

No joy with the ripwave out near WIT. The signal is broadcast from the top of the Ard Ri hotel, so servicing city centre only. I suppose you could always move :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Blademaster

Have you Tried ITSERVICES in waterford they can get you wireless broadband or as and from today their customers went digiweb metro and they have signal all arround WIT
    call them on 371122

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

BT Ireland DSL is pretty good too, they will tell you that it takes 3 weeks but it only took two weeks for me, and I received all the equipment needed. The only hassle was with the username. The manual never told me that I needed to add "@btbb" to the username before I could login.

Advertisement