Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

irish servers connection

Options
  • 10-10-2005 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭

Battlefield 2 (Ranked)
    The Irish Guard Server I - 82.195.136.136:16567 (64 man) (Location: Ireland)
    The Irish Guard Server II - 82.195.136.136:16568 (32 man) (Location: Ireland)
    (TiG TeamSpeak: games3.iol.ie:8787 .. servers hosted by gaming365.ie)
    The Irish Rangers - 82.195.155.27:16567 (64 man)

what is the story with these servers?
    i can't connect to it or see any of these servers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

i play on tig quite a bit, mayhaps they're down atm?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Ratchet

r u just using the build in online browser?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Do you use UTV as your broadband provider?
    Well, utv dont peer at INEX in clondalkin, so traffic from that isp goes to level3 in london before it goes to the H356 servers. (all the ip's you listed are h356 servers). This will give you really bad pings(200~ IIRC), which may preclude you from connecting to these servers.

Or mabye just try ph33r.theirishguard.com instead of the ip.

no, it's mighty eircom. i have no problems with other servers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

The teamspeak server is iol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

All TiG public servers are up and running atm.
    No idea why you can't connect.

Have you tried entering the ip address manually in the ingame browser?
    What error message do you get when trying to connect?

i did manual ip and got message

couldn't connect ..... please check your network connection...

will try again tonight . should i also see this server on list ?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Lads have you upgraded to the new patch? v1.03

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Perhaps its a Firewall issue?

Can't imagine that though, afaik theres nothing different or "special" about the TiG servers from any other server. Tis a strange one alright.

/shrug

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    Do you use UTV as your broadband provider?
    Well, utv dont peer at INEX in clondalkin, so traffic from that isp goes to level3 in london before it goes to the H356 servers. (all the ip's you listed are h356 servers). This will give you really bad pings(200~ IIRC), which may preclude you from connecting to these servers.

Or mabye just try ph33r.theirishguard.com instead of the ip.

Why did this only become an issue about 4 weeks ago though. I used to get great pings to the TIG servers for a few weeks after I got the game and then suddednly they went crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

UTV stopped peering at INEX IIRC

didn't load the v1.03 patch yet but issue was there before. what is the exact name of this server ?(the way apears on the server list)

i hate this bf2 online browser. is there any other way to connect e.g. through console ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Use something like the All-seeing eye or xfire. Although, since patch 1.03 a little bit of messing about is required to get them to work.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Ratchet wrote:
    didn't load the v1.03 patch yet but issue was there before. what is the exact name of this server ?(the way apears on the server list)

i hate this bf2 online browser. is there any other way to connect e.g. through console ?

use the ip connect button :rolleyes:

use the ip connect button :rolleyes:

smart ar$e didn't see previous post :rolleyes:
    Ratchet wrote:
    i did manual ip and got message

couldn't connect ..... please check your network connection...

......?

it's working now

reinstalled the game and re loaded v1.03 patch

thx for help guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭JimmySmith

are these the only irish servers?

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭ghost26ie

ascii clan ranked server - 82.195.55.9:16567

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Quit UTV and got Metro.....finally had a game on TIG last night...was also on GFF with no probs until mate started download and got kicked for high ping...lol......

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I think Lucutus or somebody changed the routing for the TiG server - with the result that UTV users now get decent pings on it too :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Stephen wrote:
    I think Lucutus or somebody changed the routing for the TiG server - with the result that UTV users now get decent pings on it too :)

Not sure but I was getting terrible connections to most server.....have never connected to TIG since getting on the demo server ages ago...was also getting kicked off most servers after a few rounds with connection problems for no reason.....best pings I ever got using ingame menu was about 150-200....Metro....pings to Euro server where down to 30-40 on most of them....TIG working great....GFF working great....no lag.....lets just say Im happy:D

Advertisement