Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

porting a vodafone number onto an existing o2 number, possible?

• 10-10-2005 12:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭

I has an 087 number which is on vodafone ready to go, I want to port the number to o2. I already have an existing 086 number with them. Can I simply moved my 087 number on to the existing o2 number?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Genghis

It might be possible to port then merge your numbers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I don't care about the existing o2 number I never use it. It does have loads of credit on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

so what exactly do you want to happen?

you can move a vfe number (087) to o2

do you also want to move the credit from the o2 (086) number to the 087 number?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 datsright1

If I read correctly it's not possible to do what you want to.....

You used to be able to churn a number from one operator to another (move the number itself without the network specific prefix). Since porting that's no longer allowed (as per the regulator).
    So you can now port your number from one network to another in full but doing this won't affect the credit you are entitled to on a pre-existing number with the new network.

In your question above it looks like you have a Vodafone number that you wish to continue using but you also have a number on O2 that you have credit on - sure you can move your VF number over but the credit will remain on the original O2 number. There's no way to transfer credit from one number to another (not even if they are both on O2 to start with).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

okie dokey, so it looks like a new sim card so.

The current set up is I have 2 phones

1. 087 number on vodafone which I want to port to o2
    2. 086 number with about €20 on, which I don't use anymore.

I want to put the 087 number onto the €20 simcard and loose the 086 number which is no use to me.

Hope that clarifys my position.

• Advertisement
Advertisement