Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Cable Modem / linux

• 10-10-2005 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

What kind of cable modem do NTL use ?

Want to see is it linux compatible before I sign up.

gar

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

It's an ethernet/USB modem. Should work with Linux fine if you use the ethernet port.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 beatpoet

Cheers,

Ethernet too, cool. Heard something about usb alright and it got me wondering.

Would it be possible to run another machaine off the USB or is it either or ?

Thx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

beatpoet wrote:
    Cheers,

Ethernet too, cool. Heard something about usb alright and it got me wondering.

Would it be possible to run another machaine off the USB or is it either or ?

Thx

Buy a router, something like http://www.netgear.com/products/details/WGT624.php and use the ethernet cable from the modem and stick that in to the inbound connection of the router, then hook up the pc's via ethernet or wireless to the router and bob's your uncle.

TC

Advertisement