Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Golf - Key Question

Options
  • 10-10-2005 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

Hi,

I dont have the Owners manual to hand but in addition to two keys are you supposed to ket some sort of plastic type key with it. I think I recall reading something in the book about some sort of platic key. It may have been something you need to have to get replacement keys.

Can any new golf owners out there tell me.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I got one with my A4,its just a small flat plastic key.The idea is you can carry it in your wallet in case you lose your(main) key.
    Its quite a flimsy thing,I wouldn't say you could use it often before it breaks.
    You'd nearly throw it away as just a piece of scrap plastic if someone didn't tell you what it was.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 42 maeve49

I just picked up my new golf yesterday and just got the two keys no mention of any plastic key to replace the keys? Should I have got this?

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭kevodaly

I didn't get a plastic key either - although I did have one for my mark iv golf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 joeL

no, on new VW/audi cars, you just get the 2 remote keys along with a long strip of plastic with a long code stamped on it. This code is needed if you ever need to get a key replaced.

Advertisement