Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fingal Target Shooting Club

Options
  • 10-10-2005 3:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

Question for everybody!

i am looking to find out what the story is about Fingal Target Shooting Club in Balbriggan, it never seems to be open, yet i hear about comps being held there a couple of times a year!!

Everytime i call or email them they just totally blank me or spin me a yarn :mad:

its the only range were i can shoot .22 prone (sling & iron sights) thats local, and i am losing my private range at the end of the year :(

does anybody on the board shoot there occasionally and if so how did they go about becoming members..

Any info would be great

bernard

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 379 ✭✭Dvs

Hello bernard93,
    I am not a member of Fingal,
    But you say,
    bernard93 wrote:
    Everytime i call or email them they just totally blank me or spin me a yarn :mad:

So, your saying you have contacted the Fingal club representative,
    via their email and phone number and not been invited to join?

I think this means,
    No.

Just because you require a place to shoot your rifle, does not obligate any club to take you on as a member, even if it is convenent to where you live.

Dvs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭Clash

AFAIK, Fingal is on private lands owned by one of it's members and accessed via his private house. It is not open to members because of the inconvenience and lack of privacy he would have to contend with. The only members of the club are the individual concerned, his immediate family and a couple of close friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Clash wrote:
    AFAIK, Fingal is on private lands owned by one of it's members and accessed via his private house. It is not open to members because of the inconvenience and lack of privacy he would have to contend with. The only members of the club are the individual concerned, his immediate family and a couple of close friends.
    Ah, just like my little set up.
    Does anyone know if they're actually formed a formal 'Club,' or is 'Fingal Target Shooting Club' just an informal name?

Just wondering what the implications are vs. just having a few mates out shooting. Insurance? Licencing implications?
    I'm pretty sure my 'range' wouldn't pass Garda inspection, whatever that is :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Rovi wrote:
    Ah, just like my little set up.
    Does anyone know if they're actually formed a formal 'Club,' or is 'Fingal Target Shooting Club' just an informal name?
    To the best of my knowledge it is a club, and has been in existence for a number of years.
    Just wondering what the implications are vs. just having a few mates out shooting. Insurance? Licencing implications?
    I'm pretty sure my 'range' wouldn't pass Garda inspection, whatever that is :)
    Well if everyone has personal insurance, it would be the same as if you were say shooting rabbits on your land or someone else's who'd given you permission. You can ask the Gardai if you want. They will have a look if asked and usually check to make sure you have an adequate backstop, and are not endangering public safety.

Advertisement