Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New SunnO))) album

Options
  • 10-10-2005 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone got Black One yet? Picked it up today. Was hoping for something a little new from them but so far so doom. Not really a complaint considering they do it so well. Kinda reminds me of Burzum but a lot slower, same kind of moods and evil presences. Apparently the vocals for one track were recorded with the vocalist sealed inside a casket :eek:

Although I was surprised to find not only a song less than ten minutes long but one that was actually radio friendly in length at 2:19! Lovely artwork I must say.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Didn't know there was a new one out, so I'll definitely wander to a shop and pick that up. If it's more of the same, no major complaints - I've seen them live twice - what an experience! Heartily recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

Produced by Merzebo and all

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Produced by Merzebo and all

Not that I can see it's not. Just says "Produced by O)))" on the back. Although him and Stephen O'Malley have been quite chummy lately. Plus Merzbow mixed a track on Flight of the Behemoth.
    Kharn wrote:
    I've seen them live twice - what an experience! Heartily recommended.

I've seen them just the once, mesmerising performance. I was stunned. Oh and the word on the Southern Lord grapevine is that SunnO))) will be back in February to Europe with Earth for a tour. Savage!

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Scratch Acid

John2 wrote:
    Oh and the word on the Southern Lord grapevine is that SunnO))) will be back in February to Europe with Earth for a tour. Savage!

Hell yes.

Went to pick this up today in tower but twas a tad on the expensive side. I'll shop around a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

ah i may be mistaken then, I thought i had heard he was involved on the album in one way or another but as his real name

/me shrugs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

on its way from amazon as we speak.
    really looking forward to it, esp if it does sound like burzum!!!
    earth - hex is good but i like to view it as not being earth as it is so different.

Went to pick this up today in tower but twas a tad on the expensive side. I'll shop around a bit.

I got it in Road Records on Fade Street for €19.99.
    on its way from amazon as we speak.
    really looking forward to it, esp if it does sound like burzum!!!
    earth - hex is good but i like to view it as not being earth as it is so different.

Well it had the same menace as Burzum, it sounds better in my opinion :D

I haven't got the new Earth album yet. I ordered it aaaaaaaaages ago and my order got delayed because of a couple of Melvins CDs that were on backorder. Should be with me this week if there's any justice in the world.

Earth arrived today. It's great!

Oh and my review on Black One can be found here

got it from amazon today!!
    havent listened to it yet.

• Advertisement

Just found out if you buy it direct from Southern Lord you get a bonus live CD. Bugger.

balls....

I wish they'd announce **** like that on their site before it went on sale. Southern Lord is just too slow when it comes to updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

What are SunnO))) like John? Ye seem to name drop them a few times.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Crazy...

Take a **** load of shrooms and listen - that will explain all.

What are SunnO))) like John? Ye seem to name drop them a few times.

They're quite possibly the Heaviest Band on Earth (TM). Basically they're a metal band that hardly ever use drums, play in ridiculously low tunings and play as slowly as possible. If you go to the link to my review above there's a couple of mp3 samples of the new album but the best way to get into them is to try an album from start to finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Scratch Acid

Got the album yesterday. Sounds real nice so far. The guest vocalists are all really good.

Oh by the way, Khanate are playing in Whelans on the 21st of November. :)
    Should be a fine evening's entertainment.

Advertisement