Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Smart Vagueness

• 10-10-2005 3:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I've just moved into a new apartment. There is a phone line available but it was never connected. I called Smart Telecom in early August they broadband would not be a problem approx 10 days from when they recieved my form.

Initially there were some problems actually getting the pack out to me (Apparently taking 3 attempts) so the 17th of August I returned my completed form and it was recieved the 19th.

Since I was already sceptical I asked for a complete rundown of likely events and was told because it was a new apartment things would run along smoothly I needed to wait for my router then an eircom engineer would need to take "some equipment" (the lady, whos name I wont say, was very vague) from the box inside my apartment and it would be repalced with "smart equipment". If I wasnt online by mid september I had every right to be angry.

This all sounded very reasonable so two weeks later I called looking for an update they said there was a 'bug' on the (brand new) line and eircom couldnt clear it. Eventually by some miracle the 'bug' was cleared. I recieved my router Saturday the 24th of September. I called the following Monday and asked about when the Eircom engineer might be around. This was met with total confusion and I was assured that I had mis interpreted the original information and that no eircom engineer would need to call to my apartment and my line would be activated before the 30th of September.

Again this was great news. Along came the 30th of September with my line still unactive. I called the following week only to be told that just the previous week a new protocol was put into place whereby an eircom engineer was required to actually call to my apartment and 'some equipment' needed to be changed over. I was confused to say the least. These engineers were to contact me before last Friday. Its now Monday and as of 14:45 the Smart spokesperson said " Unfortunately we really have no idea whe you will be connected we are as much in the dark as you Im afraid"

I do realise that Eircom are dragging thier feet but surely Smart are just as inept. For a company to promise a service that they now dont know when they are going to deliver seems outrageous to say the least. Oh and I am not entitled to take my business elsewhere even though my contract has not technically started and If I chose to do so I am liable (at least) for the initial €35 euro connection fee as this process has irrevocably started. Anyway thats my rant not sure how applicable it is to this particular forum but people need to beware.

Advertisement